Sponsored

2018+ Mustang 9-Speaker System Replacement

Tycoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
There’s at least a couple other system builds on 6G. See @StangTime system threads. This is my solution. Thank you Rockford Fosgate and Idatalink.
If you want full OEM style system functionality- but need high quality sounds-while maintaining a lot of trunk space and keeping costs down, this is a great way to go.
I couldn’t cover everything in the video but if you replicate the process, it will work as long at the DSR1 is supported for your Mustang.
Remember to always determine the correct polarity of your speaker wiring for a good quality sound.
You can hear the system at the end of the video.
Let me know what you all think.

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I like that amplifier shelf idea. Nicely done.

OP
OP
Tycoon

Tycoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Thanks! Your posts helped a lot. I think five star car stereo actually built a wiring harness to get a completely oem style system without the dsr1. I messed around with the molex connectors like you but my purpose was to keep the factory amp. I finally decided to just accept that I would always be hindered by factory eq and factory baseline noise without a Dsp. This one gave me full factory functionality and it was cheap, like $300 for the harness and the DSR1 (open box, neither looked open tho). I’m not gonna win a sound comp but I think it sounds perfect for me.
I need to compare it to a 2017 Shaker and newer B&O.
Sponsored