Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Why can't we just use a smartphone in lieu of a separate fob?:shrug:
Volvo just started doing this, so give it a year and there will be an App for that.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Why can't we just use a smartphone in lieu of a separate fob?:shrug:
That would be great if the phone could work like the FOB without touching it

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
What is wrong with the current one? This is silly.
thats the thing, lol nothing! seems that some complain its too big, if it one thing, its another :lol:
Imo, the current one is a complete design fail - for someone who carries it in their front pocket. It is too convex, especially at the lock and unlock buttons.

I have never before had a fob where the buttons can so easily be triggered while the fob is in my front pocket. Bend over to put on/tie my shoes - oops just unlocked my car. Or oops there goes the panic 'alarm'.

Granted, this does not happen all the time or even most of the time, but still, it happens often enough.

Even if it didn't trigger, it does not need to be so fat. The one in my wife's '13 Edge is light years better in terms of design.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Foghat If the guys wearing skinny jeans stopped, that problem would be alleviated. Ive had zero issues in the front pocket.

Sponsored

Gman

Gman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic Mustang
If anyone here honestly believes the pic in post #2 is real, you need this :headbonk::headbonk:

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Foghat If the guys wearing skinny jeans stopped, that problem would be alleviated. Ive had zero issues in the front pocket.
No skinny jeans here. Phone in one pocket, money clip/wallet combo and key fob in the other.

Maybe you aren't putting on your shoes/bending over regularly within range of your car? Either way, whether you are having an issue or not does not negate the fact that the issue can exist.

Having the fob so round is a poor design. If I were a betting man, I'd put money down the current 'convex' design is at least one of the reasons for the update.

And as I said above, even if if you want to argue roundness is not a problem in terms of unintended button presses, there is no reason it needs to be so fat.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
No skinny jeans here. Phone in one pocket, money clip/wallet combo and key fob in the other.

Maybe you aren't putting on your shoes/bending over regularly within range of your car? Either way, whether you are having an issue or not does not negate the fact that the issue can exist.

Having the fob so round is a poor design. If I were a betting man, I'd put money down the current 'convex' design is at least one of the reasons for the update.

And as I said above, even if if you want to argue roundness is not a problem in terms of unintended button presses, there is no reason it needs to be so fat.
I was just trying to tease you. But seriously, zero issues. :shrug:

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
I was just trying to tease you. But seriously, zero issues. :shrug:
I know. :D

I wish I could say the same thing about 'zero issues'. You watch, will happen to you over the next couple of days just because you said, 'no issue'. :)

I can say the same thing has never happened when my wife'e edge fob is in my pocket. Granted, I use that vehicle a lot less.

Sponsored

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
Here is a leaked image

No-Chip-Keycard-Keyless-Remote-Key-Shell-Case-for-Mazda-Rx-8-Mazda-Cx-Rx-Mx.jpg
aahhaha i literally just laughed by myself way too hard.

wtf is that thing from? 1989 called it wants it's remote back.

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
Carabiner attached to belt loop solves pocket problems. I DD my car and have had zero issues over 2 years of ownership.

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
who the hell wears a carabiner for anything other than climbing??
That's what I used to think, until I tried one. My phone, my fob, my keys, my wallet, etc. All of these things have gotten bigger over the years. Cramming everything into a pocket can be uncomfortable depending on the pants. And can make retrieving items a hassle. Carabiner works quite nicely. Personal choice, obviously.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Not mine, just saying.....

Sponsored