OP
Mystic_Cobra

Mystic_Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RR GT350, '65 Mustang Coupe
hoping it makes getting a non r 350 much easier and more reasonable
You can buy one today for MSRP or less. Another year will help to bring the prices down slightly but not much. We just saw the '17 GT350 "win" best resale value.
Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
You can buy one today for MSRP or less. Another year will help to bring the prices down slightly but not much. We just saw the '17 GT350 "win" best resale value.
Haha, probably because dealerships can't sell the 16's so the 17s are getting the doe

Draughn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 RS, '17 Volt
Haha, probably because dealerships can't sell the 16's so the 17s are getting the doe
I know these deals exist, but aren't prevalent in some parts of the country. My search has expanded to about 200 miles around the Seattle area, and 10-15k ADM is the norm, and dealers are stupidly sticking to it, even though a lot of these cars have been on their lots for 6+ months. It's extremely tiring to have dealer after dealer talk about how impossible this "exotic" car is to find :crazy: Having the 18 confirmed gives you another piece of ammunition to combat the ignorance.
*Side beef, most of the dealers ordered convenience packages in the NW... not my cup of tea.

Last edited:

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
I know these deals exist, but aren't prevalent in some parts of the country. My search has expanded to about 200 miles around the Seattle area, and 10-15k ADM is the norm, and dealers are stupidly sticking to it, even though a lot of these cars have been on their lots for 6+ months. It's extremely tiring to have dealer after dealer talk about how impossible this "exotic" car is to find :crazy: Having the 18 confirmed gives you another piece of ammunition to combat the ignorance.
*Side beef, most of the dealers ordered convenience packages in the NW... not my cup of tea.
Yeah its interesting that are treating the car as hard to find when there are 100s on lots

Last edited:

TONYG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt350
I THINK SOME ARE OVERPLAYING THEIR HAND AT THIS POINT AS WELL. I HAVE TWO DEALERS WITHIN 13 MILES OF MY HOME, BOTH WILL SELL @ MSRP. I'm GOING TO TRY AND GET AN ADDITIONAL $1300 OFF?

WE'LL SEE I SUPPOSE, I CAN'T F'ING STAND THE THOUGHT OF PAYING A GAS GUZZLER TAX, WHAT F-TARD CAME UP WITH THAT NONSENSE?

Sponsored

Draughn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 RS, '17 Volt
I THINK SOME ARE OVERPLAYING THEIR HAND AT THIS POINT AS WELL. I HAVE TWO DEALERS WITHIN 13 MILES OF MY HOME, BOTH WILL SELL @ MSRP. I'm GOING TO TRY AND GET AN ADDITIONAL $1300 OFF?

WE'LL SEE I SUPPOSE, I CAN'T F'ING STAND THE THOUGHT OF PAYING A GAS GUZZLER TAX, WHAT F-TARD CAME UP WITH THAT NONSENSE?
It seems very much related to what part of the country you are in. I've seen a bunch of good deals in PA, VA, etc, but not so much on the West Coast. One of the dealers I was negotiating with here in WA told me that they have an agreement with their "dealer-group" not to sell 350s for under 8k ADM. Of course they'll tell you anything to make you believe that you won't find a deal elsewhere.

I realize that in the monotony of selling cookie cutter Focus' and F-150s that it can be exciting to have a car on the lot like the 350, and you want to maximize its awesomeness monetarily. What some dealers don't seem to understand is that the market determines price, not them, although they try. They will budge eventually. It's a dumb business decision to leave inventory stagnant.

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
I mean , the ADM is a direct or indirect result of the success of the west coast. :)

This is exactly why I chose to stick with Ford - the sheer access to 'classified' info. The dealer will continue to lie to your face about no 2018s even while another part of the dealership is pulling the '18s off the truck... love the stealership game

TONYG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt350
AGREED, I KNOW WHERE THERE'S A MY16 IN MAGNETIC AND PLENTY OF MY17'S. THE MAGNETIC AT HALDERMAN FORD ALLENTOWN WILL SELL AT MSRP AS WELL AS THE DEALER IN MANHEIM, PA. THE UNICORN STATUS HAS BEEN WASHED AWAY FOR THE MOST PART.

I CAN ORDER AN MY18 FROM AT LEAST THREE DEALERS AT MSRP WHEN THE ORDERS OPEN UP.

*DUE DILIGENCE*

Last edited:

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
COMMODORE 64 LIFE!

Reactions: MAV

Sponsored

Bullitt2065

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I need to know (officially, from Ford) if they will produce the 2018 BEFORE I pay for my car late March/early April as that will directly impact my negotiating power and overall cost. If we don't hear for certain, I may have them sign something stating that if 2018 is produced, I get $x returned to me.
Yea, that's not how this works...

ur7ip.jpg

Bullitt2065

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Thanks for that. Video doesn't load but I believe you. At this point, I am feeling good about the situation. If I walk, no biggie. I may have to wait to find what I want. I guess the sticking point with me is that Ford stated many times that the 350 would only be produced 2 years (except for the few 2015's).
Ford has never officially said that, ever.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
It seems very much related to what part of the country you are in. I've seen a bunch of good deals in PA, VA, etc, but not so much on the West Coast. One of the dealers I was negotiating with here in WA told me that they have an agreement with their "dealer-group" not to sell 350s for under 8k ADM. Of course they'll tell you anything to make you believe that you won't find a deal elsewhere.

I realize that in the monotony of selling cookie cutter Focus' and F-150s that it can be exciting to have a car on the lot like the 350, and you want to maximize its awesomeness monetarily. What some dealers don't seem to understand is that the market determines price, not them, although they try. They will budge eventually. It's a dumb business decision to leave inventory stagnant.
I recommend looking out of state. WA dealers are ridiculously high. I saw some were more reasonable if you got 400-500 miles away.

OP
OP
Mystic_Cobra

Mystic_Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RR GT350, '65 Mustang Coupe
Anything new on end of 2017/beginning of 2018 production?
2018 Order guides?

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Anything new on end of 2017/beginning of 2018 production?
2018 Order guides?
If you are looking to order a 2018 GT350/GT350R and if Ford follows suit based on the 2017MY the order banks for the 2018MY should be opening up over the next few weeks.

Last year I had my VOC on April 27th with my car being assembled on June 3rd with HR019 arriving at the dealership in mid July.

A good friend of mine who owns HR013 had his car assembled a day before mine therefore I would suggest that the first cars built for the 2017MY would have been June 1st.

These two cars have consecutive VIN's (146,147) and just confirms that VIN's are assigned well ahead of time with production being random and confirmed by their chassis numbers and different build dates.

Then again Ford may have different production planning for the 2018MY cars.:shrug:

In any case stay in touch with your local Ford dealer as we should know something quite soon.
Sponsored