OP
OP
Storm728

Storm728

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt
Is anyone familiar with the lemon law process. I opened a case with the bbb and called ford customer service who told me I had to wait 30 days for a letter. Im interested in the replacement vehicle option if that matters.

OP
OP
Storm728

Storm728

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt
welp apparently according to the BBB im not eligible for the lemon law despite my car being at the dealer for 37 days because 2 repair attempts have not been performed.

ponyv6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ozzy
Vehicle(s)
2019 301A PP1 Velocity Blue
welp apparently according to the BBB im not eligible for the lemon law despite my car being at the dealer for 37 days because 2 repair attempts have not been performed.

that sucks, I thought 30days was enough

OP
OP
Storm728

Storm728

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt
that sucks, I thought 30days was enough
i guess they dont deal with it due to complications that can arise such as "delays that are not at the fault of the dealer" I think i would have to lawyer up. Dealer did give me a loaner finally, apparently the dealer only has 2 techs qualified on the heavy line to do engine replacements and the guy who did my car quit or got fired after he did my car :headbonk: Im told that retiming the engine "should fix it" but who the hell knows. I was told earlier they were trying to get a long block due to the shortblock fiasco now its all waiting and im sitting here like having car withdrawals :frusty:

Sponsored

bigriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Your BBB case manager is incompetent. Can you summarize what happened and I can help you?

In my case, this is what I said in a written letter to ford.

I hereby notify you that two repair attempts have been made to my 2018 Ford Mustang (VIN 1FA6P8CFXJ5114795) on the same non-conformity likely to cause death or serious bodily injury. This non-conformity arises from cylinder damage due to excessive piston rattle. The damage was significant enough to warrant a recommendation by the service technician to replace the entire engine. However, Ford only approved a new short block. As you are aware, damage to the engine cylinders in this high performance engine that produces 460 horsepower is a dangerous situation that could lead to complete malfunction or disabling of the engine.

So in my letter I cited the CA lemon law that requires two attempts. The first attempt was when my original said the rattle was normal (yes this counts!). The second attempt was when it sat at the second dealer for three weeks which I said was an unreasonable length of time.

Did you open a case with Ford customer care? You should go this route, prepare a written letter and then ask the Ford case manager to do a lemon law review. Let me know if I can help you in any way.

BTW, what dealer did you take it to? I work in Irvine so I took mine to Tuttle-Click. I believe they have a dealership in South OC.

Attachments

Last edited:

bigriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
This is incorrect. The law is more than 30 days "out of service for repair" for all issues combined.

OP
OP
Storm728

Storm728

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt
Your BBB case manager is incompetent. Can you summarize what happened and I can help you?

In my case, this is what I said in a written letter to ford.

I hereby notify you that two repair attempts have been made to my 2018 Ford Mustang (VIN 1FA6P8CFXJ5114795) on the same non-conformity likely to cause death or serious bodily injury. This non-conformity arises from cylinder damage due to excessive piston rattle. The damage was significant enough to warrant a recommendation by the service technician to replace the entire engine. However, Ford only approved a new short block. As you are aware, damage to the engine cylinders in this high performance engine that produces 460 horsepower is a dangerous situation that could lead to complete malfunction or disabling of the engine.

So in my letter I cited the CA lemon law that requires two attempts. The first attempt was when my original said the rattle was normal (yes this counts!). The second attempt was when it sat at the second dealer for three weeks which I said was an unreasonable length of time.

Did you open a case with Ford customer care? You should go this route, prepare a written letter and then ask the Ford case manager to do a lemon law review. Let me know if I can help you in any way.

BTW, what dealer did you take it to? I work in Irvine so I took mine to Tuttle-Click. I believe they have a dealership in South OC.
My car is currently at tuttle click irvine....
i have a case with ford customer care but they are of 0 help to me with anything and will not do anything aside from listen to me rant. When i brought up the lemon law they said they would check to see if it qualified and mail a letter within 30 days -_- Both attempts at getting a BBB claim were declined under the 2 repairs rule which i do not fall under despite my car being there for 37 days.

bigriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
My car is currently at tuttle click irvine....
i have a case with ford customer care but they are of 0 help to me with anything and will not do anything aside from listen to me rant. When i brought up the lemon law they said they would check to see if it qualified and mail a letter within 30 days -_- Both attempts at getting a BBB claim were declined under the 2 repairs rule which i do not fall under despite my car being there for 37 days.
There are three different rules.

1. 2 repair attempts for a condition that can cause serious injury or death
2. 4 repair attempts other conditions
3. More than 30 days out of service.

Did they have two attempts under #1? If so, this requires a letter to be mailed to Ford as well. But they should allow it under #3.

My Ford case manager said it would take up to five business days to make a decision. 30 days by mail is BS.

Who is your service advisor at Tuttle Click? I was working with Rod. He knows my car very well.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Storm728

Storm728

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt
There are three different rules.

1. 2 repair attempts for a condition that can cause serious injury or death
2. 4 repair attempts other conditions
3. More than 30 days out of service.

Did they have two attempts under #1? If so, this requires a letter to be mailed to Ford as well. But they should allow it under #3.

My Ford case manager said it would take up to five business days to make a decision. 30 days by mail is BS.
Im aware of the rules to qualify for a lemon but the BBB declined me both times and the reason stated was:

"A dispute must arise under a participating manufacturers new vehicle warranty AND under the Song-Beverly consumer warranty act. Based on the documents submitted, your claim does not fall under this ACT since there has not been at least 2 SUBJECT TO REPAIR performed on your vehicle."

I called several times, left messages sent messages online and got no response. I dont have a case manager that i know of at ford just the case number I was given and the ford customer service line which is not befitting of the name customer service. My service advisor is paul and this is the first time ive brought my car in. Im at somewhat of a loss on what to do from here except wait for an unknown amount of time.

Last edited:

Sponsored

bigriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Sounds like you should consider an attorney. The only way to get through Ford customer service is to get to the option to speak with any available case manager. That's what I needed to do to track down my case manager. Or like you said, just wait but I dealt with those guys at Tuttle Click and the only way I got their attention was to say I was looking at buying another Mustang from them and driving down to the dealership every other day.

OP
OP
Storm728

Storm728

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt
its funny because the ford manufacturer new vehicle warranty explicitly states that warranty repairs shall not exceed 30 days, as does the lemon law. Ill have to get on the phone with them tomorrow and dig my way to a case manager at ford. thanks for the info.

OP
OP
Storm728

Storm728

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt
well out of nowhere I got an email from myfordhelp, their vehicle re-acquisition program that told me to proceed with the steps in order to get a refund/replacement. finally...