Sponsored

2018 GT Dyno before and aft Mak Cat Delete

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10spd Base
Just a little quick info on my 2018 base A10 GT with JLT CAI, Lund E85 tune, MF resonated xpipe, and Roush Axle back before and after Mak Cat Delete. No other changes were made. I still have the factory connect so a little extra power may be extracted with that removed. These runs also are not my best two however they are with in a few hp and show the difference perfectly. My best numbers before were 454/420 and after 467/434. I actually wonder if long tubes would have given more then another 5whp or so. Not so sure they are worth the extra expense and install difficulty unless you are going strictly for max build.
image.png
Sponsored

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Thank you for sharing! This is great info.

I just installed MAK delete kit on my car as well. However, i also installed an 11-14 drivers side manifold so i did not have to cut up my stock piece.

I did notice a seat of the pants difference in performance. It's also a little loud for my tastes, so my next mod is going to be a muffled x pipe set up most likely from magnaflow similar to what CJPonyparts sells, but i'll fab most of it myself.

Good to see your numbers. My car is very simimlar. Lund e85 tune, JLT CAI, and the MAK delete kit. Other than that, it's stock.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
I know different dyno's read different numbers and all, and remember i just got into the mustang scene a couple months ago and picked mine up 2 weeks ago, but i thought the new 2018's were 500+whp cars with full bolt ons and e85? Of course i seen the AM video but a couple others that showed 495-500.. I planned on keeping the OEM active axle back and replacing up to there, already have the LTH's picked up off a friend for swapping his back to stock.

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Doesnt matter much what the dyno says. Cars with similar mods as OP are going 120-125mph in the 1/4.

OP
OP

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't think most FBO 2018's are making 490-500whp with out a CJ mani on top. I have seen maybe 1 or 2 close to or at 500 with long tubes and a dyno tune but not most. Like you said, different dynos etc can play into that. Different quality e85, SAE vs STD correction and so on. My numbers were SAE on dynojet and 1 revision from Lund email tune. Auto vs Manual may also be part of it.

Sponsored

5.0_MD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT PP
Off topic but what are your thoughts on the MF resonated X pipe? How does it compare to running the ABs only? I too have the Roush AB and am between a regular H/X pipe or this MF one. Youtube hasn't been very helpful with my research so far.

OP
OP

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off topic but what are your thoughts on the MF resonated X pipe? How does it compare to running the ABs only? I too have the Roush AB and am between a regular H/X pipe or this MF one. Youtube hasn't been very helpful with my research so far.
I had a H-pipe resonator delete before the MF resonated x-pipe. I did not like how raspy and loud it was. I changed to the resonated x and the rasp was gone but it was too quiet. I added the Roush axle back and loved the sound and noise level was good but still a little on the quiet side when on the throttle. Now with the cat deletes it is perfect, no bad rasp or drone and plenty of sound when in the throttle. Cruising and warmed up idle is almost quiet/normal.

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
I had a H-pipe resonator delete before the MF resonated x-pipe. I did not like how raspy and loud it was. I changed to the resonated x and the rasp was gone but it was too quiet. I added the Roush axle back and loved the sound and noise level was good but still a little on the quiet side when on the throttle. Now with the cat deletes it is perfect, no bad rasp or drone and plenty of sound when in the throttle. Cruising and warmed up idle is almost quiet/normal.

how you liking the 18 over the 15? thanks for the lu47's, work great, they are loud though with no engine cover. :ford:

PS. I put the MF TRU X on and makes the car way more livable!

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
This is good news. I dont want loud.

MF muffled x sounds like its the way to go....

The way it is now with the stock 2018 mufflers and MAK cat deletes is a bit too loud for me.

OP
OP

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
how you liking the 18 over the 15? thanks for the lu47's, work great, they are loud though with no engine cover. :ford:

PS. I put the MF TRU X on and makes the car way more livable!
Man I love this thing! Making 10whp and 40wtq more than the 15 with less mods is awesome! If I end up with a CJ and long tubes I might break 500whp with out cams!

Sponsored

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
Man I love this thing! Making 10whp and 40wtq more than the 15 with less mods is awesome! If I end up with a CJ and long tubes I might break 500whp with out cams!

I am jelly. you could sell the '18 intake to help compensate for the CJ. :headbang: I am way past breaking my warranty so prob not best to listen to me.

why I haven't test drove an '18 yet. do want one :frusty: but my kid needs a car for school :ninja:

OP
OP

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I still have the GT350 mani to sell from my 15! LOL! Trust me I don't worry about the warranty, I have my own auto repair facility. I traded up for the 18 because of the A10 so I can daily it. Got tired of seeing the 15 PP sit under a car cover all the time. I sold my other daily (10 Acura TL) to offset the cost.

10r80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
This is good news. I dont want loud.

MF muffled x sounds like its the way to go....

The way it is now with the stock 2018 mufflers and MAK cat deletes is a bit too loud for me.
I'll buy your Mak set up if you decide to go LTH or get rid of it. I also have a similar set up to you and the OP. :cheers:

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Awesome results, Thanks for posting this!

Now when people b*tch and moan about smelling fumes for no gain I can link them to this thread. :D

OP
OP

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awesome results, Thanks for posting this!

Now when people b*tch and moan about smelling fumes for no gain I can link them to this thread. :D
And you can dump some of that grape smelling stuff in the gas tank and you will leave nothing but a trail of happiness to boot! LOL!
https://www.jegs.com/pt/Fuel+Fragrance
Sponsored