2018 GT creak/squeak

Madtwos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem w/ Corsa Act Ex
Hey All! I've had my Stang for about 3 months now and Im at 1500 miles. I have been dealing with a weird creaking sound whenever I go over a slope like say.... pulling up the driveway. Anyone have any issues like this? Kinda sounds like an old car with old suspension.

Driving the car and warmer weather seems to dull the noise but it always makes the noise no matter what.

Anyone have any insight for me?

Also - I love the car. But holy crap have I been dealing with a ton of little issues. From the gauge cluster being scratched (didn't see it until I drove the car in the day time) to the rotors being rusty, to the rear deck lid not lining up at all with the rear light line, to wires and upholstery lining not being clipped into place. Its almost as if the people building my car on the assembly line wanted to take lunch but couldn't until they "finished" my car. :shrug::headbonk::ford:

Anywho I am ranting.... Ill stop myself :)
Sponsored

ponyv6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ozzy
Vehicle(s)
2019 301A PP1 Velocity Blue
Hey All! I've had my Stang for about 3 months now and Im at 1500 miles. I have been dealing with a weird creaking sound whenever I go over a slope like say.... pulling up the driveway. Anyone have any issues like this? Kinda sounds like an old car with old suspension.

Driving the car and warmer weather seems to dull the noise but it always makes the noise no matter what.

Anyone have any insight for me?

Also - I love the car. But holy crap have I been dealing with a ton of little issues. From the gauge cluster being scratched (didn't see it until I drove the car in the day time) to the rotors being rusty, to the rear deck lid not lining up at all with the rear light line, to wires and upholstery lining not being clipped into place. Its almost as if the people building my car on the assembly line wanted to take lunch but couldn't until they "finished" my car. :shrug::headbonk::ford:

Anywho I am ranting.... Ill stop myself :)

I feel you bro! I love and hate the car.
I have a cracking noise coming from right side of the rear window. I had that with my old 15 as well. I don't care about that anymore.
I also have deck lid issue. They said they are gonna replace the deck lid when I was buying. it's been 2 months and the part is still not arrived.

OP
OP
Madtwos

Madtwos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
I feel you bro! I love and hate the car.
I have a cracking noise coming from right side of the rear window. I had that with my old 15 as well. I don't care about that anymore.
I also have deck lid issue. They said they are gonna replace the deck lid when I was buying. it's been 2 months and the part is still not arrived.
Its so annoying dude. I got the gauge cluster part for free and just replaced it myself. But I need the creaking fixed. I can't stand it. Some nights i sit in the corner of a dark room and rock back and forth because I can't deal with it lol

SubZombie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP 401A
Open the trunk lid and push down on the top of the tail lights (passenger mainly). Is that the noise you’re hearing?

OP
OP
Madtwos

Madtwos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Open the trunk lid and push down on the top of the tail lights (passenger mainly). Is that the noise you’re hearing?
Nope. I can only seem to make the noise when I drive on something that is uneven. Like rolling up and down a drive way that slopes down and then levels out on the side walk then slopes down again. Its creak city.

Sponsored

nelson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ford Fusion Energi
Nope. I can only seem to make the noise when I drive on something that is uneven. Like rolling up and down a drive way that slopes down and then levels out on the side walk then slopes down again. Its creak city.
Yes, I have this exact issue. Is it on a particular side, and in the front or rear?

Mine is right rear, when I drive up a slope to the right it makes the noise, or at least it did. I've also already went to the dealer and they did a "full suspension inspection", found nothing wrong, apparently drove the car and the tech couldn't hear anything, and he went home sick the day I was to pick it up and there wasn't anyone else "certified" available to look at it. (Basically sounds like a crock of shit full of excuses if you ask me.)

The first time it happened, it was a LOUD crack. It was so loud I thought the rear window had cracked. From there for several weeks it was cold outside and very noisy going up my driveway or in spots where it was really elevated right turn slope. I'm at 800 miles, 3 months with the car on May 6th.

I don't hear much anymore, might be because I'm phased out of it or because the car is generally loud whilst driving. I have other weird rattles but this one was definitely suspension, you could hear it bouncing up and down exactly with the road. Next time I'm out I'll listen closely, but it's fixing to rain here for a few days so I won't have a chance until the weekend.

OP
OP
Madtwos

Madtwos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Yes, I have this exact issue. Is it on a particular side, and in the front or rear?

Mine is right rear, when I drive up a slope to the right it makes the noise, or at least it did. I've also already went to the dealer and they did a "full suspension inspection", found nothing wrong, apparently drove the car and the tech couldn't hear anything, and he went home sick the day I was to pick it up and there wasn't anyone else "certified" available to look at it. (Basically sounds like a crock of shit full of excuses if you ask me.)

The first time it happened, it was a LOUD crack. It was so loud I thought the rear window had cracked. From there for several weeks it was cold outside and very noisy going up my driveway or in spots where it was really elevated right turn slope. I'm at 800 miles, 3 months with the car on May 6th.

I don't hear much anymore, might be because I'm phased out of it or because the car is generally loud whilst driving. I have other weird rattles but this one was definitely suspension, you could hear it bouncing up and down exactly with the road. Next time I'm out I'll listen closely, but it's fixing to rain here for a few days so I won't have a chance until the weekend.
Yup right rear for me and is very loud when going up the driveway. Im not hearing it right now which is odd. Im hoping whatever it was is fixed and just needed be be worn in. I hate buying new things that aren't perfect. I know its asking for too much... but can I atleast buy a new car without it having any issues?

nelson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ford Fusion Energi
Yup right rear for me and is very loud when going up the driveway. Im not hearing it right now which is odd. Im hoping whatever it was is fixed and just needed be be worn in. I hate buying new things that aren't perfect. I know its asking for too much... but can I atleast buy a new car without it having any issues?
As soon as you stop hearing the suspension take a dump, you'll hear this motor noise: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100067

:brokenheart:

FISHTAIL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP
OP
OP
Madtwos

Madtwos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
LOL, Don't do it! Once you get your ears tuned into this rattle you cannot NOT hear it. I'm not convinced it's the engine though. I still think it some combo of the clutch/trans and possibly the DI.
Lmao!!! Ive already been listening out for crap like that. Honestly I saw that thread and nothing even comes close to my speed3's ticking. I do hear some trans noise when holding around 2k rpms but the engine feels and sounds smooth.

Sponsored

fguan992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Have the same exact issue in my 2017 mustang with 28k km...so annoying..basically going over uneven surface/speed bump at extremely slow.speed will produce the sound... Have an appointment next week...I hope they don't blame it on my lowering spring because I had this noise since I got the car.

OP
OP
Madtwos

Madtwos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Quick update - My car isn't making the noise anymore. The only noise i hear is when things in my truck move. Its odd...but It stopped happening after i did a huge COSTCO run and had probably 500+ pounds in my truck and backseat area. (Pls dont argue the weight...i carried this crap and it was 500 pounds :D )

Anywho.... Im wondering if the weight pushed some bushings or whatever into the right spot. Or maybe the shock/spring got some sense knocked into it. Nonetheless.... I dont hear it.

fguan992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Fixed.....right tail light bolt loose.. didnt think it would make such noise but noise is gone now

Lo Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Take me home
Vehicle(s)
86 GT, red; 88 LX 5.0, black; 95 GT black; 99 Cobra with mods (still own); ‘16 GT, PP, manual, Ruby, drivetrain vibration!; Traded for ‘19 GT, A10, velocity blue, love it.
I’ve had several squeaks and rattles in my 2019 GT PP, including the instrument cluster rattles and the right rear creak. I fixed everyone of them with adhesive backed foam, about an eighth of an inch thick. In my case at least, the right rear creak was coming from the right rear seat back. I wrapped the hook, on the front edge of the rear deck where the fold-down seat back latches, with adhesive foam tape. Problem Gone. I do notice a creak In the right rear tail light when I press down on it, but that is not audible from the driver seat. It’s taken a little bit of effort, but my car is now as tight as a tick. No rattles or squeaks anywhere

OP
OP
Madtwos

Madtwos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
My squeak was fixed also. The tailight bolt was loose and the other squeak was from the suspension. That one was fixed by accident by putting about 600 pounds of "stuff" in the trunk driving it home. I noticed right after that the noise was gone.

I’ve had several squeaks and rattles in my 2019 GT PP, including the instrument cluster rattles and the right rear creak. I fixed everyone of them with adhesive backed foam, about an eighth of an inch thick. In my case at least, the right rear creak was coming from the right rear seat back. I wrapped the hook, on the front edge of the rear deck where the fold-down seat back latches, with adhesive foam tape. Problem Gone. I do notice a creak In the right rear tail light when I press down on it, but that is not audible from the driver seat. It’s taken a little bit of effort, but my car is now as tight as a tick. No rattles or squeaks anywhere
Sponsored