Sponsored

Steering creak

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
Does anyone else have an odd, mechanical creaking sound coming from their steering column? I can't hear it with the radio on, but with it off, it's there with pretty much any turn of the wheel. I don't feel like taking it in just to be told it's a design feature once again.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone else have an odd, mechanical creaking sound coming from their steering column? I can't hear it with the radio on, but with it off, it's there with pretty much any turn of the wheel. I don't feel like taking it in just to be told it's a design feature once again.
Bumping old thread, but this just started for me about a month ago. After it got really bad, one day I was backing out of the driveway and the whole CAN system freaked out, threw a wrench light, and the car was dead. After a few minutes it reset and I was able to start it and drive off. Creaking noise was gone for about a week and a half.

OP
OP
RubyRed15

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
Mine was bad strut bearings.

DropTopBob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2017 EB Conv, Perf Pak, Borla Sport Axleback
Mine is the driver side lower control arm. Replacement arrives Wed, will take 2 to 3 hours to install. Covered under warranty.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase