Sponsored

2018 GT Rear suspension squeak

azstang18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP
Hi Everyone,

I'm having a very frustrating and annoying squeak in my 2018 GT. First of all the car is a GT premium with magneride suspension and is 100% stock with about 30k miles. I'm hearing a high pitched squeak coming from the rear passenger side of the car when I'm going over bumps. Sometimes it's faint, sometimes it's loud and sometimes it's not there at all. At first I thought this was something in the trim panels,

After messing with the trim panels for weeks I ended up pushing down on the back of the car with the trunk open and sure enough I heard the squeak. I've attached a mp3 of the squeak when I'm pushing up and down on the back of the car and the phone was underneath.

To me it sounds like a bushing. Now here's the problem. I've brought the car into the dealer on 3 occasions for a total of over 2 weeks. The car is currently there and has been for a week. So far the only thing they've done was lubricate an exhaust hangar which did not resolve the issue. They have continually let the car sit, drive it around, put it up on the rack, drive it around and repeat and they say they can't duplicate it. So now I'm about to get my car back tomorrow and they've literally done NOTHING to resolve it other than drive it around. I'm at a complete loss at this point. Anyone else have this issue and/or any suggestions? Thanks!
Sponsored

Attachments

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
If they can't duplicate it, and it happens all the time for you, then take the tech or the service manager for a ride and duplicate it for them.

OP
OP

azstang18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP
If they can't duplicate it, and it happens all the time for you, then take the tech or the service manager for a ride and duplicate it for them.
Thanks for the response. I did that yesterday and it was perfectly quiet. Drove the car home (about 20 miles) and when I got home it was back. This is after they had it for a week and did nothing except try to duplicate it with apparently no success. I want them to check all the bushings in the rear suspension but they seem to only want to find the problem ones and since they can't duplicate it they won't do anything. I just don't think they're doing their due diligence to duplicate and/or find it.

KJZ28

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KevinJoyce.HoulihanLawrence.com
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT SP1
Thanks for the response. I did that yesterday and it was perfectly quiet. Drove the car home (about 20 miles) and when I got home it was back. This is after they had it for a week and did nothing except try to duplicate it with apparently no success. I want them to check all the bushings in the rear suspension but they seem to only want to find the problem ones and since they can't duplicate it they won't do anything. I just don't think they're doing their due diligence to duplicate and/or find it.
Did you ever figure this out? I have the same thing in my 2019 Mustang GT PP1.

OP
OP

azstang18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP
Did you ever figure this out? I have the same thing in my 2019 Mustang GT PP1.
That sucks! Unfortunately, no it was never figured out. The techs lubed everything but could never narrow down where it was coming from. I ended up getting tired of them having my car and got the car back and then boom the pandemic hit. So it's still there and I hear it every once in a while, usually when it's cooler, and I just live with it at this point.

Sponsored

KJZ28

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KevinJoyce.HoulihanLawrence.com
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT SP1
Anytime! If you find anything out let me know and if I decide to pursue it again and find anything out I’ll do the same.
It was my back seats. I wrapped the latch in one layer of electrical tape and the sound went away. If this hadn't happened in my 2010 Camaro, I would be shocked. It is amazing how loud and annoying something so small can be.

OP
OP

azstang18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP
It was my back seats. I wrapped the latch in one layer of electrical tape and the sound went away. If this hadn't happened in my 2010 Camaro, I would be shocked. It is amazing how loud and annoying something so small can be.
Nice! I'm glad you found it! I'll have to doublecheck mine but I had tried electrical tape on the latches once before but that may have been for something else. Thanks for the update!
Sponsored