Sponsored

2018+ Ford Calibration/Tune Kit in Central Florida?

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Hello,

When I had my 15 GT I had my local Ford dealer in Winter Haven install the FR PP2 and they only charged me $125.00.

I went there yesterday to ask how much they would charge to install the Ford calibration/Tune Kit on my 18 GT and they quoted me $500.00. I laughed and walked out.

Anyone in Central Florida get it done for a reasonable price? If so what dealership or ASE shop did you use and what did they charge you?

I’m just about ready to do this myself if I can’t get a reasonable price for the install.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ecoboosted

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, I said F*#ck it! and installed the kit my self. Took me about 1 & 1/2 hours. The most time consuming part is waiting for the Pro Cal 4 to receive the stock tune and then down loading the performance tune to the car due to how many files there are.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Well, I said F*#ck it! and installed the kit my self. Took me about 1 & 1/2 hours. The most time consuming part is waiting for the Pro Cal 4 to receive the stock tune and then down loading the performance tune to the car due to how many files there are.
That's what most of us end up doing, but you're going to need a faux install receipt from an ASE mechanic to register it and be able to retain your warranty.

OP
OP
Ecoboosted

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's what most of us end up doing, but you're going to need a faux install receipt from an ASE mechanic to register it and be able to retain your warranty.
Yea I know. Unfortunately I don’t know of anyone for that. I’m a little over 25k miles. So 9k and about 9 months left of the 3/36. Hopefully I won’t have any issues.

I refuse to give the dealership $500.00 for a simple install.

I only drove it a couple of times since the install and I don’t feel much of an improvement. I felt more on my 15’ GT. I’ll give it more time to see how I feel about it.

If after a few weeks I still don’t notice much I’ll probably go with an after market tune and tuner since I screwed myself by putting the Ford calibration tune/kit on by myself.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
I only drove it a couple of times since the install and I don’t feel much of an improvement. I felt more on my 15’ GT. I’ll give it more time to see how I feel about it.
I had the same feeling on mine, but I think it's normal for a couple reasons.

For one, the Gen 3 Coyote is more strung out to begin with, so there isn't as much to improve on the engine side. Comparing the Gen 2 PP2 vs. the Gen 3 PP (both are the same GT350 intake and TB) the Gen 3 has less changes in the file.

Secondly, the biggest improvement from the tune is on the transmission side, which is definitely there after a little while when the trans has had a chance to re-learn your driving style. During the tune flash, the KAM is reset which erases all the learned values. Once you put a couple hundred miles back on the trans, it's much more responsive and you can really start to see the improvements from the tune.

MKL_DS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
IMO there’s plenty to gain on a good tune. I picked up .3 and 3 mph on the same day on my 20 PP1.
Sponsored