Sponsored

2018 - For those that are considering?

BLU2DSKY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2005 V6
Probably should have been made a long time ago, but for those who have yet to pick theirs up or considering one, take a look at the warranty issues subsection before you decide one way or the other.
Sponsored

BrianH87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT ; 2021 Explorer ST
Everywhere you turn on this forum you find more doom and gloom about the 2018's. There have been like 5 engines blow... And some tranny issues... And some weird sounds... Not exactly mind-blowing. Same as every other year coyote. (Actually, 2011 was a lot worse with #8's.) Same as any other car, really. Went through it with Evo's, F150's, Mustangs, Focus RS's, etc... There are some issues with some 2018's. But let's stop acting like 25% of all 2018's have catastrophic issues.

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
Everywhere you turn on this forum you find more doom and gloom about the 2018's. There have been like 5 engines blow... And some tranny issues... And some weird sounds... Not exactly mind-blowing. Same as every other year coyote. (Actually, 2011 was a lot worse with #8's.) Same as any other car, really. Went through it with Evo's, F150's, Mustangs, Focus RS's, etc... There are some issues with some 2018's. But let's stop acting like 25% of all 2018's have catastrophic issues.
+1. I actually started second guessing my purchase because of all the problems I read here. I thought perhaps I should pull the plug on the sale while I could. I expressed my concerns on another forum and was given a similar response and told not to worry too much and go ahead. I suppose it’s common to hear the complaints but how often does someone post that they’re having a greater experience with zero problems. Maybe someone needs to start a voting thread for that!

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
Go to the Warranty/TSB section of any car forum and you find pretty much the same thing.
Go to camaro6 and youd swear the LT1 was the worst engine ever made... or the rear end is made of glass. focusst.og you swear the pistons are made of glass. no matter what forum youll always find issues in the "problems" section. right now its like less then 1% of cars. I hove what may be piston slap.. maybe.. maybe not. i dont care because i have a 5 year 60k warranty and usually only keep cars around 3 years 20k miles. If.. IF it is indeed a bad engine. ill let warranty handle it. its going this week to the dealer so they can notate the noise.. then ill continue my regularly scheduled modifications and enjoying my new car. Ive seen guys on here going crazy on what seems to be injector noise. i think this is blown way way out of proportion. I may be wrong. but im not losing sleep over it in the meantime. just enjoy the car.

stevegt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium. 2019 GT PP1 ordered
Go to the Warranty/TSB section of any car forum and you find pretty much the same thing.
I make it a point not to read some of the OCD complaint posts so I won’t go looking for something that isn’t there. I paid too much for my Mustang not to enjoy it and if I do have a problem, I’ve got a great dealer and an 8 year Ford Premium ESP.
Sponsored