Stang007

Stang007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 10r80 Lightning Blue Mustang Gt
I am also in oklahoma. Im in tulsa and was at raceway park that night. Im guessing you were at Thunder valley. The same night at the same DA im assuming best my car ran was 12.7x at 114. with a 2.1 60'. Also a base a10 but i had a drag radial ( which the car doesnt need it wont spin the street tires). Im glad to see someone around the same area running about the same times since alot of cars on here are high 11 second cars.
I am also in oklahoma. Im in tulsa and was at raceway park that night. Im guessing you were at Thunder valley. The same night at the same DA im assuming best my car ran was 12.7x at 114. with a 2.1 60'. Also a base a10 but i had a drag radial ( which the car doesnt need it wont spin the street tires). Im glad to see someone around the same area running about the same times since alot of cars on here are high 11 second cars.
Matt. I have the 301a package so i have drag mode which im telling you helps. My buddy had his 2018 base model 10r80 which has no drag mode and he ran 12.8 at like 114. Your times are right with his. My other buddy had his premium and in drag mode he went 12.54 at 115. Weather was terrible and not great for good times. Better DA will be here soon.
Sponsored

Toro73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt auto 400A Package factory 20's
Yeah drag radials on the totally stock a10 it is and overkill, I did try them on in one pass and I swear the car insulted me lol! If good track prep is present, stock tires will get the job done. If drag prep is crap , you would probably welcome those drag radials.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
I am jealous of you guys who can run drag mode. I have it but if I try to use it, the wheelhop on the 1-2 shift is so violent it could easily break something. I have the CB005 and it didn't help a bit.

I have stock 255/40-19 all season Pirellis that come with the black accent package. Not sure if a better tire would help or not. They hook decently off the line but go crazy on the 1-2 shift.

My best is 12.47 @ 115 in crap air using sport+ mode.

Last edited:

steph93lx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 301A A10, Modded N/A 1993 coupe 5.0L
I am jeolous of you guys who can run drag mode. I have it but if I try to use it, the wheelhop on the 1-2 shift is so violent it could easily break something. I have the CB005 and it didn't help a bit.

I have stock 255/40-19 all season Pirellis that come with the black accent package. Not sure if a better tire would help or not. They hook decently off the line but go crazy on the 1-2 shift.

My best is 12.47 @ 115 in crap air using sport+ mode.
If you can grab some old 1999-2002 GT 5 spoke wheel or any other that fit and buy some drag radial and use it at the track, you will not wheel hop anymore and you will have a lot less chance to break the axleshafts. You will then be way faster being able to use drag mode on your drag radial
I have a 100% stock suspension on my 2018 GT and wheel hop is virtually innexistant!

Last edited:

Toro73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you can grab some old 1999-2002 GT 5 spoke wheel or any other that fit and buy some drag radial and use it at the track, you will not wheel hop anymore and you will have a lot less chance to break the axleshafts. You will then be way faster being able to use drag mode on your drag radial
I have a 100% stock suspension on my 2018 GT and wheel hop is innexistant!
As the man said, some nice soft drag radials will help a lot. i did not have this problem as I do have the Steeda stop the hop kit installed, it will not go any faster mind you, but it will definitely give you more confidence once that 1-2 shift gets taken care off. Probably the tires will be cheaper though.

Cheers!

Sponsored

mattdue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Matt. I have the 301a package so i have drag mode which im telling you helps. My buddy had his 2018 base model 10r80 which has no drag mode and he ran 12.8 at like 114. Your times are right with his. My other buddy had his premium and in drag mode he went 12.54 at 115. Weather was terrible and not great for good times. Better DA will be here soon.
oops sorry i have read so many i thought you didnt have drag mode. I am also jealous about that.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
I don't want to hijack the OPs thread with my wheelhop problems but I thank you guys for your advice. I was concerned that the full blown Steeda stop the hop kit would hurt ride quality and add some unwanted NVH. That is why I went with the BMR cradle lockout kit. While there is no perceptible increase in NVH with the cradle lockout kit, there is also no improvement in wheelhop. I had the same experience with my 2016 manual so I should have learned.

I am going to try 17" drag radials at some point.

Back to the OP and his good run in bad air.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
I don't want to hijack the OPs thread with my wheelhop problems but I thank you guys for your advice. I was concerned that the full blown Steeda stop the hop kit would hurt ride quality and add some unwanted NVH. That is why I went with the BMR cradle lockout kit. While there is no perceptible increase in NVH with the cradle lockout kit, there is also no improvement in wheelhop. I had the same experience with my 2016 manual so I should have learned.

You need more than just the cradle brace. The biggest offenders in the wheel hop equation are the diff bushings and the cradle bushings. The "braces" are just icing for the solution cake.

Toro73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Stop the hop works really well an the NVH is pretty much the same, it feels more planted and a couple of other improvements , but harshness is not one of them.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
The Steeda kit is a great kit ... NVH is not an issue

Let me know if I can help assist.

TJ

Sponsored
OP
OP
Stang007

Stang007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 10r80 Lightning Blue Mustang Gt
Ok guys. More updates on 2018 10r80 at the track. NPB of 11.257 at 124.22. That was tonight in Oklahoma. The set up is the same. Im tuned on E85 by Palm Beach Dyno with JLT Cold air kit. I deleted the resonator and installed x pipe. I use a drag set up but i did not have the 17x4.5 upfront. I had to use my stock 19x8.5 upfront which are heavy. Im still excited about getting into the 11.2s. Im sure i could have gone quicker with the front skinnys. The weather was better DA around 1200 on the 11.2 pass. My camera is junk so pic is blurry but you can see it.
20181102_223938.jpg

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
That is not just merely fast; it is really quite sincerely fast! :clap:

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads