OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
@FreePenguin

Do you happen to know or recall how it was attached to the crash bar with the factory rubber straps?
Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t, see I didn’t take front bumper cover off. I only removed belly pan, and slid off ic out and installed cpe fmic up through belly pan.

I just know the flap confused us, til we saw the little hook looking things. Made sense after that.

Will try snag photo in morning. My intercooler is easy enough to see

Dark Side

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HPP Fastback. 1967 Mustang Fastback
I know this is old, but has anyone come across a good option (short of using sheet metal) for securing the flap to prevent it from failing in front of the IC?

Coyote Chase

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2010/2018 Mustang
I know this is old, but has anyone come across a good option (short of using sheet metal) for securing the flap to prevent it from failing in front of the IC?
I've changed so many things in that area, I forgot about the rubber flaps.... My existing system is built from blue board and reinforced with fiberglass. Not pretty, but it works!
Screenshot_20220925-195824.png

Dark Side

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
I'm using the CVF street IC. Nothing nearly as tall as that.

Sponsored

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost, Rapid Red Premium
My 2020 EB premium does not have the flap on it, but it does have the grill shutters so not sure what the criteria for which vehicle gets it and which do not. My grill shutter housing does wrap around the crash bar with a hard plastic duct piece above and below the crash bar that looks as if it serves that same purpose as that flap would to direct/separate the air flow between the condenser and IC.

I just had my front end off yesterday and know for sure there is no big rubber flap like has been shown in the linked thread anywhere on my car, my build date is 11/20.

BD

Dark Side

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
I think I'd rather have the duct piece. It probable stabilizes the air flow far better than a rubber flap could.

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost, Rapid Red Premium
I think I'd rather have the duct piece. It probable stabilizes the air flow far better than a rubber flap could.
Yep, I agree that the grill shutter ducting on my 2020 does a very good job of directing the airflow over the IC and radiator while keeping them separated also. I never knew some had just that flap until this thread.

BD
Sponsored