GoranRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Goran
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Race Red EcoBoost Premium
What’s up Mustang 6G Forum!

Really Quick, excuse my noob-ishness, I’m still newer to all of this! Just reaching out to learn more!

2018 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
30k miles-ish on it.

After I’m done with my exterior mods, I have been Thinking, looking at for ways to possibly upgrade my car’s performance a tiny bit...
So I started looking, and after actual weeks of searching, I collectively found these to be the only safe ways to up your ecoboost.

1) Upgrade the intake tubing.
2) Intercooler
3) Bigger, cat-back style exhaust system for higher airflow
4) of course.. the tune

So I started searching. Put my eyes on the AirRaid Intake tube. Put my eyes on the Magnaflow CatBack full exhaust system, and so.. now I’d have to look for a tune. - Read a bunch, and lots don’t like the “one-size fits all” approach of, say, an off-the-shelf tune such as a Cobb #1. And my brother has a stang v8 pro-tuned, so he suggested that I should go for a pro-tune, made specifically for my car.

Then, after some recommendations by forum users, I read and found about COBB. Well, shit. They have literally everything I’ve been listing, in a package.

Except, I am seriously am concerned about the health of my car. Wouldn’t doing all these things to my car, and tuning it in that way.. hurt it? Wouldn’t it confuse and wear it more and more, since it’s not factory stock?

Lots of forum users mentioned to me personally that you can’t hurt the car with OEM Bolt-ons.

So, two questions:

Say I get COBB Stage 3. - Do I go Pro-Tune, or COBB’s very own V3?

-Would one-size-fit-all be MORE hurtful then a custom-made tune for my car? Or I wouldn’t need a custom tune since it’s all COBB’s stuff.

Second question, of course.. will it hurt the car?

Thank you guys so much!
Sponsored

Flipping Bird

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Ecoboost Mustang 6MT
I have a 17 6mt ecoboost. FBO all Cobb running stage 3 tunes since 2000 miles (now 15k). These tunes are OST, canned tunes. I am very happy with my car. Throws me back in the seat. I was able to best some older v8's in autocross last year. Go for it. Totally different car, in my opinion.