2017 mustangs lightning, grabber blue and white platnium

rumble

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt pp 1999 gt convt
I want to see the platinum white, that would look awesome in the sun.
Sponsored

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black Ecoboost Base Auto w/ 19's
Grabber Blue is such a gorgeous color in person.. you guys are nuts.

I don't like Blue at all.. but I'd seriously consider trading in for a Grabber Blue S550.. with gloss black wheels, roof, dark tint it looks amazing.

Race Red however is still my #1 choice as of now.. that may change when I'm ready to trade, we'll see Lol.

awmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium PP
I agree with those saying a color can look good or bad in pictures and the opposite in person. I fell in love with Guard in photos, but didn't like it in person. That being said, I ordered my Lightning Blue Mustang before seeing it in person. My thoughts were that I haven't disliked any blue that Ford has put on the Mustang (even Grabber looks nice, just too attention grabbing for me personally), so why wait to place the order.

Sponsored

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
standard white appears to me a slightly cooler shade of white

platinum a bit more pearlescent creamy

But it's a shit shot
You guys need some better monitors or something. The difference is obvious.

It'd be cool to see all three whites together though. Wimbledon, Oxford, and Platinum.

Oxford is basically a pure white, and Wimbledon is kind of a cream white. Platinum is somewhere in the middle.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
White platinum is a metallic paint. Its in the name even. White platinum metallic tri-coat.

I ordered my 2017 gt in that color. Hope to see it by the end of this month.

From what ive seen of the color in person on the other models they offer it on, its not creamy, just a sparkly white

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
Grabber Blue is awful. Saw it also in person few times when I was in the US on some older Mustangs. That color literally makes the car look two levels cheaper, like a toy car or something. It's a disgrace. On the other hand, felt in love with Lightning Blue because of GT350 pictures with stripes.
Like I said before, Grabber Blue by itself is awful. Add lots of black details to the body, and it suddenly becomes cool! :cool: It looks like a barfy 70's color with no black to back it up...

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
I agree with those saying a color can look good or bad in pictures and the opposite in person. I fell in love with Guard in photos, but didn't like it in person. That being said, I ordered my Lightning Blue Mustang before seeing it in person. My thoughts were that I haven't disliked any blue that Ford has put on the Mustang (even Grabber looks nice, just too attention grabbing for me personally), so why wait to place the order.
Makes me wonder how many more cars would have been ordered in Triple Yellow if people actually saw it in person: I don't know what color the Ford build and price tool puts up in its place, but it definitely ain't Triple Yellow :barf:

Sponsored

OutlanderRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT Premium Manual
White platinum is a metallic paint. Its in the name even. White platinum metallic tri-coat.

I ordered my 2017 gt in that color. Hope to see it by the end of this month.

From what ive seen of the color in person on the other models they offer it on, its not creamy, just a sparkly white
I had it on the '13 Fusion I had for about a year before I got the 'stang. 'tis a beautiful thing on the eyes.

ngiardina

deez nuts
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue GT - Roushcharged
Grabber Blue is awful. Saw it also in person few times when I was in the US on some older Mustangs. That color literally makes the car look two levels cheaper, like a toy car or something. It's a disgrace. On the other hand, felt in love with Lightning Blue because of GT350 pictures with stripes.
Because it's really boring waiting for my car, I made a mockup of what it will look like in Lightning Blue with Black/Red GT350R stripes and black/red side accent stripes. Also threw a GT350R wing on it since I'm having one added.

GAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

101charley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charley
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Magnetic, 400A, 6AT, 3.55, MBRP Street
My first choice is White Platinum - with a deep burgundy racing stripe!

bobinnj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang Ecoboost Premium PP
Grabber Blue looks a lot like Subaru Hyper Blue.