Sponsored

2017 Mustang V6 - what front brakes are these?

JStang93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
I've been reading about upgrading front calipers and rotors for my V6 to the GT 4 piston brakes. In looking at my existing calipers, looks like either this was previously done or came as upgrade from factory. Are these the 4 piston GT brake calipers? Part # looks to be FR3C-2010-FF. I've searched for that and references are limited so I'm not 100% sure what I've got. Car has mods done by prior owner. Thanks!

Mustang Brakes.jpg
Sponsored

Bitten in '69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350, 03 Cobra, 90 GT, 82 GT
Look at both sides of the caliper. Your back side has two. Look at the front side and see if there are pistons, or just a slider holding the pad.

OP
OP

JStang93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
Look at both sides of the caliper. Your back side has two. Look at the front side and see if there are pistons, or just a slider holding the pad.
Just a slider holding pad. The car has some mods that were done by PO, but dealer didn't have/share that info. So far it looks like just BBK shorty headers and CAI. Back to brake shopping.

OP
OP

JStang93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
My wheels are Niche Misano 18x8 - 40mm offset. I called Niche and their modeling predicted that on a stock GT with 4 piston brakes the wheels would have 2mm interference on the hub. Any real world info that would tell me that that the stock GT front calipers/rotors would work in my application?

MISANO | Niche Road Wheels

munizfire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Based on the rear, those don't look like the Continental 4 pistons found on non-PP GTs, plus yeah, the GT ones have pistons on the front as well.
My guess is the OEM V6/EB caliper.

OP
OP

JStang93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
Based on the rear, those don't look like the Continental 4 pistons found on non-PP GTs, plus yeah, the GT ones have pistons on the front as well.
My guess is the OEM V6/EB caliper.
Yes, you are correct. I'm now trying to find out if anyone has input on my wheels and whether or not they will fit with the non-PP GT 4 piston calipers. One sight said yes, Niche
said their modeling looks like 2mm interference on the hub. I'm sure that's the most correct answer. I suppose my follow on question is does that mean with a thin spacer I would be able to create clearance? Sure would be nice not to sell $1000 worth of wheels for a fraction of their original cost - if I can avoid it safely.
Sponsored