Sponsored

2017 Mustang Colors

GAFA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang
All Mustang's built after July will be MY17's. I have a DIB on order with a current delivery of November this year. Given it won't be built until Aug/SEP it will be a MY17 and looks like I will need to select a new colour.
Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
If your dealers are anything like ours in the UK, they won't have a clue about the changes for the '17MY, at least not yet.

Sadly, we're much more educated with regards to everything Mustang than they ever will be :(

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
All Mustang's built after July will be MY17's. I have a DIB on order with a current delivery of November this year. Given it won't be built until Aug/SEP it will be a MY17 and looks like I will need to select a new colour.
as far as I'm aware that's absolutely not true. MY16 updates like Sync3 etc will not reach our mustangs until July/August this year, which means MY17 updates probably won't be here until middle of 2017

I mean I guess from an Aus registration perspective they will be MY17, but they will not have the features of US spec MY17 cars - including colour choice

Of course I would love to be proven wrong

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
is there anyone on the Aus sub forum that has changed their colour? I'm seriously considering changing to DIB but would like to know what it cost, and if it impacted their delivery date

MustangDownUnder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Here is one thread. Seems you can, even relatively late in the order process. But i would be making it very clear to your dealer to not change anything if it will knock you down the order list.
I know it was said that this does not happen in the below thread, but it is the first i have heard of that!

Changed my mind from Race Red

Sponsored

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Here is one thread. Seems you can, even relatively late in the order process. But i would be making it very clear to your dealer to not change anything if it will knock you down the order list.
I know it was said that this does not happen in the below thread, but it is the first i have heard of that!

Changed my mind from Race Red
yep I knew I'd read that thread before haha must have overlooked it earlier when I tried to find it.

completely agree, i will not risk pushing my delivery date back, but if I can change it would be good. I was very torn between DIB and magnetic, and now that DIB is going to be discontinued it might make it slightly more special

quick duck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VZ Berlina wagon
my dealer still hasn't heard back on how builds with discontinued colours will be effected if scheduled for after June '16.

I wonder, did Ford US just go with previous process and forget overseas orders being several months behind unlike previous years. Will Ford jump the orders with the 3 colours being discountuned. This could be interesting.

MustangDownUnder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Its possible nothing will change and they will use up the last of the discontinued colours on the export vehicles. Like Right now with sync 2 while the current models in usa are getting sync 3.

Just throwing it out there, no real reasoning for it except it would be a bit rude to tell a customer they cannot have the colour they ordered because Ford is taking so long to produce RHD's that their colour options change between your order date and when they build it.

Again, nothing would surprise me at this stage.

Sponsored

quick duck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VZ Berlina wagon
Yeh I was just having a positive thought moment of getting my car 6 months early!

.... will use up the last of the discontinued colours on the export vehicles.
but the above has crept into my mind, what happens with repairs and discountinued colours? I have never had to worry about the possibility of not being able to blend in a panel repair. I can assume the paint isnt like KFC recipes and Ford will tell people how its made.

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Black 'vert GT & BMW M Coupe

MC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red GT Fastback, due sometime in October
Yeh I was just having a positive thought moment of getting my car 6 months early!

but the above has crept into my mind, what happens with repairs and discountinued colours? I have never had to worry about the possibility of not being able to blend in a panel repair. I can assume the paint isnt like KFC recipes and Ford will tell people how its made.
Don't worry about that mate. They can do magic these days. Stick with what colour you like.

FPV GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 TY GT
I can assume the paint isnt like KFC recipes and Ford will tell people how its made.
The code/formula is made available so repairers can do thier thing.

I have spoken to a spray painter already and he has the code. Just need the car and the parts and I am set...lol