2017 GT350 rear bumper on a 2016 GT

MSimonelli118

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang gt PP1
Hello all, i have tried to research this on my own but have not be able to find a straight answer, I have a 2016 mustang gt and I'm looking into switching it over to a quad tip exhaust. I found a guy parting out a 2017 GT350 and he is willing to sell me the rear bumper and valance. My question is if anyone has done this conversion before, what exactly do I need besides the bumper and valance to make this bumper fit perfectly on my GT? Thank you guys in advance for the help!!!!
Sponsored

Sigma6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
02’ 360, 06’ GT, 11’ GT500, 15’ 911, 17’ 350
Here’s what I know. The OEM rear bumper valance used on the Shelby GT350. Can also be used on S550 Mustang GT, V6 and Ecoboost with premium rear bumper for custom exhaust with GT350 style quad exhaust tips. It’ll require you to do some manipulation and working as it’s not a pop n play install. If you’re looking for something straightforward, I’d suggest looking at something like what MP Concepts has is a GT/V6/Eco GT500 direct aftermarket conversion rear end kit. Not sure if someone else has or doesn’t have something on the market too.

OP
OP
MSimonelli118

MSimonelli118

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang gt PP1
I have seen the options that are on American Muscle's website for the conversion there's also the Roush one but all of the reviews make me nervous, because all of those options the bumper needs to be cut and modified to make it fit, and in the reviews there are a lot of people stating that the fitment is terrible. But then on the other hand there are people that say that they fit perfect, so i don't know what to believe

Sigma6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
I have seen the options that are on American Muscle's website for the conversion there's also the Roush one but all of the reviews make me nervous, because all of those options the bumper needs to be cut and modified to make it fit, and in the reviews there are a lot of people stating that the fitment is terrible. But then on the other hand there are people that say that they fit perfect, so i don't know what to believe
If it were I. I’d stick to the valance only. It shouldn’t be too bad to do. Here is a thread about it:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/swapping-the-gt350-rear-valance-onto-my-gt-premium.127731/

OP
OP
MSimonelli118

MSimonelli118

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang gt PP1

Sponsored

Sigma6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the input man i appreciate it! I have been going back and fourth on this to figure out what the best thing to do is. But this might just be what I need to do
no problem. If you can get a deal on that used take off valance, I’d jump on that.

OP
OP
MSimonelli118

MSimonelli118

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang gt PP1
no problem. If you can get a deal on that used take off valance, I’d jump on that.
Your saying if I just buy the used gt350 valance from the guy that was willing to sell me the whole bumper and everything?

Seanay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 401A PP2
I also have a 16 GT PP and went with the FRP made by Borla quad tip cat back and valance (the Shelby valance to house the new quad tips. I believe it is the same one off of actualy 350 so it should be a simple swap. It took me about 2 hours total with my son who is 16 on a rented lift, we are not that good at mechanics so it should not be bad. I did not off the bumper instead, i Left it on and simply cut off the offset part from the bumper itself. If you do not have a PP mustang, it will not fit. BUmpers are different. IT looks great and I dont regret it. Cost around 2k but looks factory

OP
OP
MSimonelli118

MSimonelli118

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang gt PP1
I also have a 16 GT PP and went with the FRP made by Borla quad tip cat back and valance (the Shelby valance to house the new quad tips. I believe it is the same one off of actualy 350 so it should be a simple swap. It took me about 2 hours total with my son who is 16 on a rented lift, we are not that good at mechanics so it should not be bad. I did not off the bumper instead, i Left it on and simply cut off the offset part from the bumper itself. If you do not have a PP mustang, it will not fit. BUmpers are different. IT looks great and I dont regret it. Cost around 2k but looks factory
I do have a PP. So you purchased the full kit that includes the full valance and the two mufflers?

Sigma6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
Your saying if I just buy the used gt350 valance from the guy that was willing to sell me the whole bumper and everything?
Yes, then you’re just needing the exhaust itself. That thread I linked to will detail the rest.

Sponsored
OP
OP
MSimonelli118

MSimonelli118

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang gt PP1

Seanay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 401A PP2
You have the quad tip FRP exhaust system already but not the valance, how does it currently sit with your stock rear valance? i think you are off on something. IF they are single tip ones then ok but you cant use those for the dual tip valance you plan on buying if that makes sense.

OP
OP
MSimonelli118

MSimonelli118

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang gt PP1
You have the quad tip FRP exhaust system already but not the valance, how does it currently sit with your stock rear valance? i think you are off on something. IF they are single tip ones then ok but you cant use those for the dual tip valance you plan on buying if that makes sense.
Sorry i hit post reply before i could finish what i was typing. I currently have the single tip ones on my car with the factory valance

Seanay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 401A PP2
Back to you original query. If you were to get the actual 350 Ford Valance/diffuser it would run by itself about 600-700 pre tax so if you can get the guy to sell u his for 300 or so, it would be a deal and better than any third party made valance e.g. MP or Roush....Roush valance design is not same as the Ford factory look either. The fins on the Roush serve a purpose when you on a track going 130 mph on the back straight other than that, its all personal taste and I dont like it, looks too much like a typical design on a bmw or subaru tbh.

Seanay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 401A PP2
Yea so if you buy the valance off him, you will have to at least change your mufflers and tips (they should come together and cost about 1k brand new with dual tips on two mufflers made by Borla but sold by Ford Racing Performance) You might be able to pick it up cheaper or you might want to shop around and see who has the quad tip design cheaper but I went with the FRP ones and they sound perfect, Louder than stock definitely but not obnoxious sounding.
Sponsored