Sponsored

2017 GT convertible Eibach lowering springs - any experience/ feedback

Gcorry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Hi all, looking at the next mod and read a few of the posts on lowering but need a little more info.
the car still has a year and a bit warranty so I'm looking at the Ford Performance site and the:
Eibach®* Suspension-Lowering Kit PRO-KIT Performance Springs
Has anybody installed these on a convertible and what was the ride like after fitting.
The roads around me are terrible so this is a proper consideration!
Sponsored

Harebear72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V8 GT Fastback
Hello mate, I have the Coupe not a vert and so dont know what difference there are in the rides.

I purchased the Eibach Springs from Fords and these have been fitted for a year now. For me there was a noticeable drop on the car all round but for me not much of a difference ride wise. My car is not a daily and has only done approx 4000 miles since the springs were changed.

For me these were a cheap enough change to do and the car looks better.

Also at the time I had standard wheels and did not bother with spacers, I have recently ordered some new wheels and awaiting delivery so these should fill the arch up better.

OP
OP
Gcorry

Gcorry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Thank you Harebear72, I'm fitting these next month and will give a bit of feedback when they have been on for a bit.

OP
OP
Gcorry

Gcorry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Had the Eibach Pro Springs fitted yesterday and the feedback is good! The car looks so much better, the wheel arches are now fit the wheel perfectly.
Driving wise it has really reduced the brake dive, acceleration squat and of course body roll in the corners.
More importantly than that it rides just as well as the stock springs on all but the worst roads.
Speed bumps require a little more patience to navigate but ground clearance is still more than acceptable.
all in all i am very happy.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Had the Eibach Pro Springs fitted yesterday and the feedback is good! The car looks so much better, the wheel arches are now fit the wheel perfectly.
Driving wise it has really reduced the brake dive, acceleration squat and of course body roll in the corners.
More importantly than that it rides just as well as the stock springs on all but the worst roads.
Speed bumps require a little more patience to navigate but ground clearance is still more than acceptable.
all in all i am very happy.
Good to hear! Any pics?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gcorry

Gcorry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
i will get some good pics this weekend, in the meantime here is a terrible one from out my window in work!!!
IMG_0884.jpg

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I've seen worse photos! Looks very sleek...nice Mustang friendly parking space too. We need more of those

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
i will get some good pics this weekend, in the meantime here is a terrible one from out my window in work!!!
IMG_0884.jpg
Nice! Is it a genuine RTR grille you have? Pic of that too please :like:

Alfa Male

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Giulia
Again another fastback not convertible owner here but I’ve had mine lowered with spacers and I’ve genuinely not noticed any difference to the standard set up in terms of ride quality etc.

No bumps or grinds until I fitted the lower Cervini splitter but 9/10 I have no issues with clearance on jumps etc just some dips in road when coming off private drives etc that can cause a minor scrape.

This is how mine sits and I love the stance now !

9B78ACF6-9D8D-4D50-99DD-9DD32FEE066B.jpeg
3AE278E6-8CDB-4FDB-A428-67D2A4E9B538.jpeg
19497213-C91C-452F-B423-2352BC1FD01D.jpeg
EFC93A5B-1312-4CC1-A52C-8F25DB061FDD.jpeg

OP
OP
Gcorry

Gcorry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550