Sponsored

2017-18 Shelby GT350 / GT350R Mustang Orders Placed (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2017-18 Shelby GT350/R did you order?

• Total voters

Krman68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350, 68 GT500KR
Im bought from I guess you could consider a large Ford dealer. They have 4 seperate locations. I also have a long standing relationship with one of the owners at one specific dealer location. I previously purchased an 03 Cobra, 13 GT500, 2 F150s and now this 350from them. Not sure if that impacts anything.

Amac, I hope you get cleared for build. I would be pissed if I were you.
Sponsored

Amac8487

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350/ '16 C7 06
I also ordered mine from a small dealer and he said it will go in production in spring or early summer. Yes the big dealerships which give more sales to ford are given preference.
Ahh thats what I figured. I thought I read that somewhere in the past...

When did you place your order?

Im bought from I guess you could consider a large Ford dealer. They have 4 seperate locations. I also have a long standing relationship with one of the owners at one specific dealer location. I previously purchased an 03 Cobra, 13 GT500, 2 F150s and now this 350from them. Not sure if that impacts anything.

Amac, I hope you get cleared for build. I would be pissed if I were you.
Meh... Im not quite pissed yet... more so just anxious because I want this to start! I just finished grad school and I am starting a new job soon and credentialing at this hospital takes FOREVER.. so it doesn't hurt to be delayed until I start back up working again anyways.. Trying to stay positive here :shrug: hahahah

AeschyA

JR195
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2013 JKR10A
I also ordered mine from a small dealer and he said it will go in production in spring or early summer. Yes the big dealerships which give more sales to ford are given preference.
Mine is also from a relatively small dealer ... at least compared to some of the other dealers in SEPA. They have two locations, and my sales guy said they have sold "more than a few" of the 350s over the last couple years.

I went with them (as opposed to one of the bigger local guys) due to prior purchases I have made.

My order was placed on 11/04, and I have not contacted them for any update in the last few weeks. Called the Performance Parts hotline thing last week, and they said the order was in the system - nothing more.

Amac8487

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350/ '16 C7 06
Dealer just called me and updated me on their allocation has been approved and building process will begin end of the month/ early March :D:D

Sponsored

AeschyA

JR195
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2013 JKR10A
Dealer just called me and updated me on their allocation has been approved and building process will begin end of the month/ early March :D:D
Congrats

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Great news and hopefully your dealership can now also provide you with a VOC (Vehicle Confirmation Order) along with a VIN and a scheduled production date.

;)

Amac8487

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350/ '16 C7 06
Hopefully some news comes for you guys as well! I will keep this updated as just so you can possibly gauge where your build may or should sit in relation...

Great news and hopefully your dealership can now also provide you with a VOC (Vehicle Confirmation Order) along with a VIN and a scheduled production date.

;)
YES! Hopefully that should come soon!!

Sponsored

AeschyA

JR195
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2013 JKR10A
Hopefully some news comes for you guys as well! I will keep this updated as just so you can possibly gauge where your build may or should sit in relation...
Yeah, I am kind of at an interesting point - I have my order in for the 350, but a couple days back, I decided I wanted an R and gave myself a limit on how high I would go.

So ... I am keeping my original order in the system until (or unless) I can find a local / semi-local dealer with an R allocation and / or willing to sell one for a non-exorbitant price.

The way I look at it, the worst outcome is I end up with a 350; not a bad consolation prize.

Amac8487

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350/ '16 C7 06
Yeah, I am kind of at an interesting point - I have my order in for the 350, but a couple days back, I decided I wanted an R and gave myself a limit on how high I would go.

So ... I am keeping my original order in the system until (or unless) I can find a local / semi-local dealer with an R allocation and / or willing to sell one for a non-exorbitant price.

The way I look at it, the worst outcome is I end up with a 350; not a bad consolation prize.
Doesn’t sound like a bad problem or dilemma to have at all :).

AeschyA

JR195
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2013 JKR10A
Doesn’t sound like a bad problem or dilemma to have at all :).
Well, at this point, the problem is that I cannot find a dealer anywhere in my area with an R allocation, heh.

I did find one on the lot in Long Island (2 hours away from me), but they wanted 109K for it, and did not seem willing to budge at all. Found a second one in upstate NY (4ish hours away), and they have not gotten back to me with what they want for it.

ameapm2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Genesis 2018 GT350
I had contacted my dealer. He said right now base cars with no options and cars without tech package are built. So my car won't be built soon.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I had contacted my dealer. He said right now base cars with no options and cars without tech package are built. So my car won't be built soon.
Most base R models will be produced in March and April as production at the FR plant has been down since last November for any of the R models.

Obviously your dealership has no idea what they are talking about.

;)
Sponsored