Sponsored

2016 Shelby gt350r

2011gt350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt350
Hello all...what are your thoughts and or experience on used R models with regards to pricing. Been looking and trying to work out deals....tough to find anyone willing to work at 15k or under. Has any one pursued a used R and what are you finding with regards to mileage ... Price ...and did u buy?
Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I find that a good reference is sold auctions on ebay. You can scroll down and on the left side you can filter by closed and/or sold.

theman1990

1 arm, 4 cars, 0 autos
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Tech, GT350R
Most recent R on E-bay went at 84k.... That's pretty much your benchmark... I got mine for about 5 over MSRP after a lot of searching and haggling.

SHOCKSOKET

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
buddy of mine just sold his 16 R in yellow at the manheim auction yesterday for 73k. I think it was just under 1k miles

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
buddy of mine just sold his 16 R in yellow at the manheim auction yesterday for 73k. I think it was just under 1k miles
Your buddy must have been fairly desperate to sell IMO. They are still going in the 80's and 90's at auction, even used. Whoever got that one managed to get a halfway decent deal though :)

Sponsored

titanfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 Camaro, 2005 F150 FX4
There's one near me with 16K miles that the owner is asking $66,500 for. I can PM you his contact info if you like. It's a 16 with a chassis number under 50, IIRC.

OP
OP

2011gt350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt350
Thank you all for the information. Am looking for a black R preferably with black stripe and electronics package.

Next Phase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mopar
Hard to find a R with the exact color combo and options due to limited numbers.... I couldn't find an Avalanche Grey with white stripes R for less than $21k-$25k over when I was looking. If you've got some patience, I'm sure a deal will turn up. However, Spring is around the corner and prices tend to be higher...

$15k-$20k ADM's on used is what I've seen recently. I know there are some that found some deals out there and color and options plays a role in price. ( I had a chance at a yellow R w/ no radio and AC @ $10k over last Fall but I need AC for my area.) I like yellow but I don't think it's a popular color, so resale is less.

I love black, but the paint on these cars is easily scratched/chipped - especially with the sticky tires. If you get black, get some clear bra immediatley.

Good luck in your search!

MaxWW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350R, Mercedes Benz SL63, Ford Edge, RV6
Black R model

I'm pretty sure Black with black OTT stripes and electronics package is the most prevalent combination for an R. That's exactly what I have.

Sponsored
OP
OP

2011gt350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt350
Thanks all for the input and your experience...anyone here own both? Thoughts on differences....is the R worth the additional money in your opinion? Would track the car occasionally ....love the look of the R and the rarity. Not that I have see. Any gt350's on the road so I know they are all pretty rare to see.

theman1990

1 arm, 4 cars, 0 autos
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Tech, GT350R
Having both, I can tell ya the R is a LOT less street friendly.... MUCH stiffer ride, more gymnastics to get in and out of and the tires fling every grain of sand up with gusto.... You learn what streets to avoid to keep the splitter intact.... That said they are both cool cars and the Non-R is a softer ride though in sport/track mode it firms up to where the R is at baseline. R upside is depreciation will be minimal though you may lose money if you factor tires in....lol ..... I know some say get the R with the base splitter and aftermarket wheels and tires but at that point you basically have a Non-R with a hard ride....

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
After reading the above I'm glad I got the regular GT350. Like most people I wanted the 'Rrrrrrrrrr' but circumstances dictate the regular but not least, GT350. Frankly after owning the GT350 for a week it is the most motorsports/performance car I've experienced and I can say it is not the most 'street friendly' either.

mmm635

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
Having both, I can tell ya the R is a LOT less street friendly.... MUCH stiffer ride, more gymnastics to get in and out of and the tires fling every grain of sand up with gusto.... You learn what streets to avoid to keep the splitter intact.... That said they are both cool cars and the Non-R is a softer ride though in sport/track mode it firms up to where the R is at baseline. R upside is depreciation will be minimal though you may lose money if you factor tires in....lol ..... I know some say get the R with the base splitter and aftermarket wheels and tires but at that point you basically have a Non-R with a hard ride....
Are you tracking your R?
Sponsored