2016 Shelby GT350R Delivered Locally This Past Weekend

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
My '16 R is in transit. It left Flat Rock on the 2nd but has only made it to Gibson, Indiana...it's being shuffled about by IHB (Indiana Harbor Belt) RR as it came from the plant on a Canadian Railways train but will have to come west on Union Pacific.
I'm also hoping, for everyone's sake, that you get your cars soon. It's been a painful wait for me. I know mine isn't the sobbiest of sob stories, but my original build date was Aug 24 (had a VIN in early July) so I had been hoping to get the car mid-sept.
fuhrius, is your R headed to one of our local dealers? If so, ping me when it shows up! I'd love to do side by side comparisons. :)
Sponsored

ghostrider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mclaren
I haven't even been contacted by my dealer regarding the delivery. Its still on hold apparently. I contacted him about 4 weeks ago and he said there is still no delivery date.

FTD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R
I haven't even been contacted by my dealer regarding the delivery. Its still on hold apparently. I contacted him about 4 weeks ago and he said there is still no delivery date.
If your car (assuming it's an R) wasn't built before the second week of October expect an April to June delivery.

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
^^^ this is what I am expecting....oh well I have other toys to play with until then...lol but this is the one I want most of all.

FTD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R
^^^ this is what I am expecting....oh well I have other toys to play with until then...lol but this is the one I want most of all.
I know how you feel. I can't be too mad, it's what I expected when I switched my June track pack order to an R in Sept.

We all can't be Ford VIPs. :brokenheart:

Sponsored

fuhrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, Focus RS, Raptor
fuhrius, is your R headed to one of our local dealers? If so, ping me when it shows up! I'd love to do side by side comparisons. :)
Yes, but now I'm not going to tell you who because I fear stalkers ;-)

Ford Store Morgan Hill. Amazing folks there.

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7

ghostrider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mclaren
If your car (assuming it's an R) wasn't built before the second week of October expect an April to June delivery.
Its an R. No, it wasn't built before the second of October. Do you know when they will start building it, so it can ship by april, and when I would get any info regarding it?

fuhrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, Focus RS, Raptor
The only dealer in the whole Bay Area that treated me well.
I buy all my cars there. I've dealt with a lot of dealers...I used to be a Ford rep out here...they're the real deal.

fuhrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, Focus RS, Raptor
mine was built Nov 19 and is on it's way, so I'm not sure this is correct.
it had, originally, been scheduled for Aug 24 but that has nothing to do with it.

Last edited:

Sponsored

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Yes, but now I'm not going to tell you who because I fear stalkers ;-)

Ford Store Morgan Hill. Amazing folks there.
:thumbsup:

The only dealer in the whole Bay Area that treated me well.
I would have gone with these guys as well, but they ran out of allocations by the time I jumped on board.

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
mine was built Nov 19 and is on it's way, so I'm sure this is correct.
it had, originally, been scheduled for Aug 24 but that has nothing to do with it.
Nice! Mine was built Nov 18. :cheers:

FTD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R
mine was built Nov 19 and is on it's way, so I'm sure this is correct.
I'm glad someone at Ford decided to push the R's that had VINs (previously scheduled) to production during that week of ~60 degree weather in November. :headbang:

I don't suspect those of us on hold to be similarly lucky until March. Here's to hoping for a short winter :thumbsup:

OP
OP
PP0001

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I'm glad someone at Ford decided to push the R's that had VINs (previously scheduled) to production during that week of ~60 degree weather in November. :headbang:

I don't suspect those of us on hold to be similarly lucky until March. Here's to hoping for a short winter :thumbsup:
There were a lot of R models that had VIN's and scheduled production dates in November that got pushed out at the very last minute. Very few R models made production in November and any that did were lucky but very happy for them.

I've had a VIN (#319) for my R since early August and had an October 5th scheduled production date but like many others got pushed out many times and now until March or April.

I will be as patient as I can and know the wait will be worth it in the end.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Sponsored