Sponsored

2016 Shelby GT350R Delivered Locally This Past Weekend

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
For those of you that have R models on order and that already have your cars built there is still hope for a delivery during the winter months subject to a some of variables.

This past weekend a 2016 R model was delivered to a Ford dealership in the Augusta, Georgia area and it is my understanding that this was the first R model to be delivered in the State of Georgia.

I just missed seeing the car as it arrived at 8:15 AM last Saturday morning and was then driven off by the new owner around 11:30 AM that same morning so the car was not there very long.:(

From my understanding this car was chassis number "G0011" so obviously was a very early 2016 R model and I suggest a VIP delivery.

I will try to get pictures later today and if I get some I will post pictures of this cool event I will post them.

:ford:
Sponsored

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Cool, VIP car indeed. A few in the area already have similar chassis numbers

ohtobbad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
hope mine is soon, nothing would make me happier than to post pics,
chassis number, builders name all of it, I promise not to post pics of me drooling :)

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
Harry

Congrats ! Did you also get your 15?

I look forward to your reports. I have now been told my R is a Q1 allocation, so am hopeful I may move off "material hold" soon. :shrug:

Last edited:

Sponsored

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
I check on mine today and it still has a material hold on it...:(

OP
OP
PP0001

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
chassis number, builders name all of it, I promise not to post pics of me drooling :)
Trevor, you know I wish you the very best and I hope that you get your car sooner than later!

Good luck!

:cheers:

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe

Nothing would make me happier than to disappear from the site for a while because I'm driving my car. Had about enough of you car-horny idiots, lol.

OP
OP
PP0001

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I check on mine today and it still has a material hold on it...:(
Donson, it will be a toss up between you and Trevor as to whoever gets their car first.

Keep us posted as based on recent events your car may show up unexpectedly and hopefully so!

As with the R model that showed up in Augusta on the weekend who knows what is going on and maybe yours will arrive real soon?

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

OP
OP
PP0001

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Harry

Congrats ! Did you also get your 15?

I look forward to your reports. I have now been told my R is a Q1 allocation, so am hopeful I may move off "material hold" soon. :shrug:
Tom, car #77 has been sitting in the Columbia, S.C. holding yard for a week now with no reports of arriving into Hilton Head any time soon but I am a betting man and am heading over that way for Friday or Saturday and hoping for the best.

Hopefully it did not get stolen like car #84 or possibly others that I have had reports on????

It is my hope that your R is being assembled as we speak but suggest that your and my car will not be assembled until March or April based on my conversations with Ford but who knows?

:shrug:

Sponsored

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
Donson, it will be a toss up between you and Trevor as to whoever gets their car first.

Keep us posted as based on recent events your car may show up unexpectedly and hopefully so!

As with the R model that showed up in Augusta on the weekend who knows what is going on and maybe yours will arrive real soon?

:thumbsup::thumbsup:[/QUOTE

Trevor is in Canada? or the States?....on a side note I have been in touch with the zone rep. (very nice lady!) and she has been checking on my status and even called me last week....so Im hoping its soon.....funny how March seems so far away...ever since this car came into my life...time has slowed down....hum...I guess that could be a good thing..lol:shrug:

fuhrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, Focus RS, Raptor
My '16 R is in transit. It left Flat Rock on the 2nd but has only made it to Gibson, Indiana...it's being shuffled about by IHB (Indiana Harbor Belt) RR as it came from the plant on a Canadian Railways train but will have to come west on Union Pacific.
I'm also hoping, for everyone's sake, that you get your cars soon. It's been a painful wait for me. I know mine isn't the sobbiest of sob stories, but my original build date was Aug 24 (had a VIN in early July) so I had been hoping to get the car mid-sept.

ohtobbad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R

:thumbsup::thumbsup:[/QUOTE

Trevor is in Canada? or the States?....on a side note I have been in touch with the zone rep. (very nice lady!) and she has been checking on my status and even called me last week....so Im hoping its soon.....funny how March seems so far away...ever since this car came into my life...time has slowed down....hum...I guess that could be a good thing..lol:shrug:
Hi I am in Eastern Canada.
I found out today, from Friend, who has a friend, who has a friend, who has a brother works at the plant.
After some joking that the car didn't exist HAHAAHA, they have found my car, its going through final inspection AGAIN.
so hopefully soon they send it out for shipping again.
It was at rail years for shipping then sent back.
this guy has seen my car and is in final stages of 2nd inspection.
So hopefully soon it makes it way back to the rail yard.
Today is also the day Ford Performance gets some updates,
so tomorrow I will check and see if new ETA has been set.

derand

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.derand.com
First Name
Derand
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, C8, R8 V10 Gated, Golf R APR, 19 GT350
colour code

Anybody has the colour code for the black GT 350 rear wing need to paint mine.
Sponsored