Sponsored

2016 GT350 Track Tour Dates and Locations Announced!

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
Respectfully, I disagree. This is pretty much the same "program" as last year. Half day stints with very limited seat time. Pretty much a hands on Q&A session with the engineers from Ford Performance. :shrug: But, I have been mistaken before. LOL
Just repeating what I was told by FP when I signed up. These 4 hour sessions are not like the full day Track Attack program out in Utah. That is a full day, with optional added days, and is apparently still being offered to all buyers. :eyebulge: I thought this program (half day at AMP and others) was its replacement. Apparently not, it is in addition. Just read several posts today about Track Attack in Utah. Here's one. FWIW

http://www.autoblog.com/2016/03/09/shelby-gt350-mustang-ford-performance-racing-school-official/

I thought this was going to save me a trip to Utah. Oh well, more track time is more better :D
Sponsored

Hughespj47

HughesPJ47
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350 Track Pack, '09 MINI Cooper S, 94 SHO
Got my letter yesterday and signed up for Buttonwillow, morning session.

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
This is more like the day the media/press got with an overview of the car from engineers and some ride alongs with a FP driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 GT Mustang K code 4spd black with red stripes
BUTTONWILLOW!!! Received my invite yesterday, but BUTTONWILLOW??

That is a 3 hour drive down I5 (most boring part of the freeway); however, I normally drive pretty fast down this stretch. Only problem, I have a "tech" and the car may go into limp mode on the way down and I will have to let it cool down before my 10 minutes of track time. Oh, they provide the cars, so I register (same day I received the invite) and it is already full, put on wait list??? No thanks, can't see getting up at 3-4am, drive 3+ hours down and back for a 4 hour session in a car I already own. Anyone going, have fun.
you are not very grateful for such an epic car I have driven my tech package of my 2015 shelby cobra GT350 Mustang deep impact blue with black stripes technology package Vin number 0088 2700 miles real hard on track like conditions no limp mode ever amazing car

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
you are not very grateful for such an epic car I have driven my tech package of my 2015 shelby cobra GT350 Mustang deep impact blue with black stripes technology package Vin number 0088 2700 miles real hard on track like conditions no limp mode ever amazing car
Which track? Care to share more details on how many sessions, how long and "track-like" conditions?

Sponsored

geb78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R
Skeptical of "track-like conditions"

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
what exactly happens at this event? how is this different than track attack that we all rave about
As stated by others, it's more of like a teaser.... a good fun one but still kinda like just a baseline drive good for a single. :D

Here's sample from the web tube:
[ame]

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
Just repeating what I was told by FP when I signed up. These 4 hour sessions are not like the full day Track Attack program out in Utah. That is a full day, with optional added days, and is apparently still being offered to all buyers. :eyebulge: I thought this program (half day at AMP and others) was its replacement. Apparently not, it is in addition. Just read several posts today about Track Attack in Utah. Here's one. FWIW

http://www.autoblog.com/2016/03/09/shelby-gt350-mustang-ford-performance-racing-school-official/

I thought this was going to save me a trip to Utah. Oh well, more track time is more better :D
The Track Tour is just a promo, 1-2 lap drive. That's it! You get to hear engineers and execs talk up the car though. Don't expect this to be a "track day", it is not. It's very akin to something you might see as a sideshow at a car show. Like when you get to drive a Toyota truck up a big dirt pile for all of 90 seconds.

Sponsored

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R

KGTG350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
16' GT 350
As you all already know every option is on waitlist. This is what I got this morning. I am sure this will be even more exciting for those invited that do not already have a GT350 in their garage! Seems like a great opportunity to get on the track without the costs of taking your own car out.
Screen Shot 2016-03-13 at 10.07.14 AM.png

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Gentleman....

The track tour has 2 slots for attendance. Owner and dealer. Each dealer is allotted 2 spots. The owner spots were all full when I called. I have an excellent rapport with Elk Grove Ford so I called and asked them to book myself and my brother under their dealer spots. The owner said he didn't plan on going, so bada Bing bada boom we were registered 30 minutes later. If you are good with your dealer I suggest you go that route

swedensky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lariat 3.5, 2016 GT350
Gentleman....

The track tour has 2 slots for attendance. Owner and dealer. Each dealer is allotted 2 spots. The owner spots were all full when I called. I have an excellent rapport with Elk Grove Ford so I called and asked them to book myself and my brother under their dealer spots. The owner said he didn't plan on going, so bada Bing bada boom we were registered 30 minutes later. If you are good with your dealer I suggest you go that route
That's what I'm doing too. A little easier for me lol

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
I just got in on May 4th, Buttonwillow at 1pm. Anyone else in on that one?
Sponsored