Sponsored

2016 GT350 Not Starting/Turning Over PLEASE HELP!!!!

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rafal
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Okay so I have a 2016 GT350, it started doing weird things, where sometimes it would start sometime it would not. I thought maybe it was a faulty sensor behind the clutch, the one that pushes in. I replaced it with a new one, no change. I changed the battery in both keys, the car battery is 100%. And now it just will not even want to start at all....... I called a FORD Performance Dealership, not much help, they said I would have to bring it in for them to diagnose. But I really do not want to put my baby on a tow truck, something will get jacked up, like the front carbon fiber lip..... has anyone experienced this on their GT350. Any help or input would be appreciated.
Sponsored

sox3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350 Performance Blue
So does it crank over and not start or nothing at all when you push start?

OP
OP
OrangeCobra1998
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rafal
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
So does it crank over and not start or nothing at all when you push start?
I added a video of what is going on, but to answer your question nothing at all happens......It says push clutch to start, which I am. When I hit the start button it just goes dead. So I zipped the movie file since I cant make a .MOV an attachment. Let me know if that work.

Attachments

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Does it happen when the engine is cold or warm?

OP
OP
OrangeCobra1998
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rafal
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Does it happen when the engine is cold or warm?
It was happening both cold and warm.....it just got progressively worse. For a while there I had slam my shift pedal in and it would start, when I actually had to remove the module behind the clutch and push in that plunger, and now not even that works.

Sponsored

sox3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
I noticed when you push the start button everything dimmed. Have you checked the battery voltage with a meter when you push the button to see if it drops? Could have a bad battery.. These cars act strange on low voltage..

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
I would start with battery(battery on this cars are mediocre at best right from the factory) maybe connect battery charger. If that is not solve the issue, then will check fuses.

Sponsored
OP
OP
OrangeCobra1998
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rafal
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I would start with battery(battery on this cars are mediocre at best right from the factory) maybe connect battery charger. If that is not solve the issue, then will check fuses.
I think the fuses is my next option. Unless someone on the forum sees this and says OH HELL YEAH that has had this happen to me...

sox3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
You can charge it to 100 percent but if it has a shorted cell it will drop when a load is applied. Thats why I asked if you put a meter on and watch as you push the starter.

OP
OP
OrangeCobra1998
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rafal
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
You can charge it to 100 percent but if it has a shorted cell it will drop when a load is applied. Thats why I asked if you put a meter on and watch as you push the starter.
That is an excellent point, I will check that as well tomorrow.

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
It does sound like a bad battery. If original battery, it's 5 years old. These are basically 3 yr batteries. Have you tried connecting one of those jump starters to it? If it starts, or even just turns over, you know it's the battery.
Sponsored