Sponsored

2016 GT350 both front tires worn on the inside only

ZeroGs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
My 2016 GT350 has around 13K miles on it. Never raced it. I just noticed that both front tires are worn on the inside, all the way to the white part. The rest of the tire looks perfect, like it has many many more miles left. The rear tires are good. Seems there is a lot of negative camber on this car? Is it supposed to be like this?
Sponsored

SVTinAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2003 Lightning & ERA FE Cobra
Actually, it may be the toe that is most contributing to the wear with scrubbing on the inside. My car was slightly toed out - I reset it to very slight toe in.

302@12psi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona PP2 Recaros
If you need a replacement set of SC2's I got my 1k mile take offs for sale.

I've been going back and fourth with another member but he seems to be a day or two in replying. Not sure how it is going to play out. If he falls through and you are interested let me know.

OP
OP

ZeroGs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Thanks for the replies.

So, sounds like this sort of tire wear is not normal. My factory warranty expires Jan, so I guess I can just take it to ford to have the alignment fixed. Now, this is probably a pipe dream, but, given that there is an issue with the alignment and that caused tire damage, and car is still in warranty, would they replace the front tires under warranty?

Sponsored

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
I wouldn't expect any of it to be covered under warranty as alignments are considered maintenance but give it a try.

TaraFirma

Wait.....Wut?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 17 GT350, 19 GT, 65 coupe, 13 F-150, 14 Porsche Panamera eHybrid
Did you have the car aligned after you bought it? I get every car aligned after purchase. Most are out of alignment, even off the trailer.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
I guess How do you use the car?

On a road course front toe primarily affects eagerness of the car to turn and mid-corner understeer/oversteer balance. A car with front toe out will initiate direction changes more easily than a car with front toe in. A car with significant front toe out will feel "darty": a small movement of the steering wheel will be sufficient to get the car to rotate. A car with positive front toe will tend to track straight even in the presence of minor steering wheel movement, which is why street cars often have a bit of positive front toe aligned into them.

SVTinAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2003 Lightning & ERA FE Cobra
Did you have the car aligned after you bought it? I get every car aligned after purchase. Most are out of alignment, even off the trailer.
That was the experience with my 2003 Lightning I purchased new. I checked it with my own gages when I got home as it was pretty darty on less than perfect roads and it looked like the camber was off. Took it in to Ford and told them it should be checked - and they were like . . . sure, you checked the alignment out in your garage. Well just to humor you since it's brand new, we'll run it across the rack. He came back a while later and told me it turned out to be so far out they had to put camber plates on it to get it dialed in. Still darty on bad roads though.
Sponsored