Sponsored

2016 gt base with auto...starting mod list...help me spend my money!

jfccac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT A6
OK guys...this thread will hopefully help me develop a specific list of items for me to mod my new gt.

Let me share my plans for the car.

I plan on DD'ing this car during the summer months. I live in a fairly rural area and my commute is about 30 mins. I want to take advantage of the stout drivetrain offered on the GT. That means minimally I'm looking at:

- resonator replacement with H-pipe
- supercharger
- wheels/tires

I will likely never make it to the drag strip, but I want to have an 'entertaining' car that I enjoy daily driving while also not being ashamed being seen in it on the weekends.

I've been down the mod path before...and I want mods that are best bang for the buck. I'm not big into buying stuff that isn't purposeful.

So share your thoughts, ideas and perspectives.

Also any other threads that are pertinent...please share.

Thanx for your time.
Sponsored

Shouldhavegotthegt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT 2014 Ram 1500 RCSB 4x4
Mine started off as a base GT. Was my daily driver but now it's my weekend/fun car. I live in Phoenix so we can drive fun all year round.

My mods are mostly cosmetic. I didn't want to mess with warranty stuff so I haven't done anything with the engine or tranny.

Steeda springs, leather takeoffs, MMD 20x10 wheels with 275/35 Nittos, Borla s type catback, Roush fascia, GT350 spoiler, and lots of little things.

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Definitely do a resonator delete or cat back to get the coyote to howl some more. Wheels can add a lot to the looks, especially with a mild drop. I have BMR springs and the look is amazing. I have a set of MRR M350 wheels coming in on Tuesday, so I can't wait for those. A good set of stripes can also set off the car if you like that look.

I'd also suggest upgrading the suspension to at least the PP struts/shocks as I found the non-PP suspension to be way too floaty.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Take a look at my signature. Back in july i was where you are now. Let me tell you the car is an animal now!

dogiebitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram 1500 Rebel 5.7L
Vehicle Showcase
I just got the H-pipe and I can't believe I waited this long. It really makes the car sound like it's supposed to. Stupid resonator is stupid. If I was in your situation, I'd get H-pipe and the GT350 quad exhausts (or Roush active exhaust +rear valence).

Next mod that everyone keeps saying should be done is a shifter. I was going to get a MGW, but I have a baby on the way so that's taking a back seat for now.

Sponsored

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
I you want to keep the warranty you can't really do too much as far as engine mods. So far I have a Roush axle-back, J&M X-pipe. I'm planning to add a Ford Racing Track Suspension kit, and possibly a PMAS no-tune cold air intake. If you're not worried about the warranty you could go GT350 IM, CAI, Lund tune, headers....

FIVE_LITER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Competition Orange
Stage 2 Whipple and exhaust.

The Whipple by itself makes driving the car 1000x more pleasurable.

I have a resonator delete h pipe with the factory mufflers and it sounds pretty good. Not as loud as I'd like it but it definitely woke it up enough to make it enjoyable. Hoping to do full exhaust this winter though.

Dudie7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I you want to keep the warranty you can't really do too much as far as engine mods. So far I have a Roush axle-back, J&M X-pipe. I'm planning to add a Ford Racing Track Suspension kit, and possibly a PMAS no-tune cold air intake. If you're not worried about the warranty you could go GT350 IM, CAI, Lund tune, headers....
Don't forget Ford offers the Power Pack kits that are warrantied. I'm springing for the Power Pack 2 kit for Christmas.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
First would be a nice cat back system, then suspension, wheels, intake, tune (Ford racing gives you warranty).

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Headers x pipe cai & tune

Sponsored

jdoug

Regular Guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10
"Stop the Hop" related components should definitely be on your short list.

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
OK guys...this thread will hopefully help me develop a specific list of items for me to mod my new gt.

Let me share my plans for the car.

I plan on DD'ing this car during the summer months. I live in a fairly rural area and my commute is about 30 mins.
Thanx for your time.
Your first MOD should be set of Wheels and Snow Tires so you can daily drive her all year long. :thumbsup:

OP
OP

jfccac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT A6
Your first MOD should be set of Wheels and Snow Tires so you can daily drive her all year long. :thumbsup:
Thanx for all the input guys.

I actually have another car so i don't have to drive the mustang in the winter.

Honestly, i haven't even driven the car yet. I bought it sight unseen. I'm not sure how I will judge the power... we just got 2 feet of snow here in Syracuse so it may be while before I can test it.

I really want a blower (that's part of why I went auto) and an h-pipe. I'm also pricing wheels/tires as the stockers are...ahem...ugly.

Right now, I'm thinking those 3 items are on the top of my list.

regarding the other suggestions:

Headers don't seem to be worth the entry fee...I guess I'm used to $300 fox body long tubes. $1500 for headers is nuts.

I don't think i will have too much axle hop with the auto and 3.15's

I'm not going to invest in a CAI if I'm buying a blower.

The cat back exhausts are also crazy prices.

I'm intrigued by the Power pack kits. I'm assuming that would be essentially useless with a supercharger and related tune. Is that correct?

jdoug

Regular Guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10
I don't think i will have too much axle hop with the auto and 3.15's
I have an auto and 3.15s and had substantial hop even with the crappy Pirelli all seasons. Maybe you won't but don't rule it out.
Sponsored