Sponsored

2016 GT 6SPD Bucking, Clunky

Pauliejr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
2016 GT PP 6SPD

I know these cars are “sloppy” and “clunky” however I’m not experiencing something I have not always felt.

If I roll out into 1st gear and light accelerate to about 3-3.5k rpm for example and let off I do not slowly accelerate, rather the car becomes jumpy as if the driveline in bouncing from being engaged/ disengaged.

At low speeds if I also push the clutch in I feel that it is clunkier than it has been in the past.

Now I do know how to drive a manual and what I’m experienced is not a super low rpm close to stall feeling.

If happens is 2nd hear too if I give it gas and then let off and let the coast it feels very Bucky and cluncky

I want to say it almost feels like the driveline is sloppy ?

If I cruise at low speeds let off the gas and then try to give it a little gas it feels to “kick in” or “Engage” very harshly. Especially if I do it on and off. Let off, low speed coast, give it gas, ex...

The car had 19k miles and I do have KONI adjustable shocks up front as well as CJPP/Eibach Lowering Springs

Performance wise the vehicle has a dyno tune and bolt ons

Any ideas as to issue to look for or maybe supporting mods needed?

It is very Anoyinf driving the car anything other than peddle to the floor.
It is a hassle to low speed low throttle shift and drive slow around town. Car is constantly jerking or bucking unless I go out of my way to really try to limit it.

I apologize if I didn’t not explain well I am on my phone at work. I will answer any questions needed.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Same problem with my car. I really hate driving it. It seems like I have to constantly floor it otherwise it is near impossible to drive it in a civil manner.

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
Sounds like you need to ride the clutch a little bit more. 1 > 2 shifts take some practice, as does driving smoothly while in 1st or 2nd. If you can't do it, shift into 3rd. The PP gears are short enough to handle most low speed tasks.

thelostotter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP
My 2017 GT PP is the same way and has been since new. It's embarrassing that the driveline on my S10 with 276k miles is tighter.

Sponsored

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
Seriously... if you want to eliminate most of the sloppiness you are going to need to change some things.
Driveshaft is the first....aluminum shaft helps immensely and gives the car the feel of more throttle response.
Of course by eliminating the factory rubber Guido and the two-piece shaft you will feel a bit more NVH with the aluminum one-piece.
When I went to the CF shaft car drives like a Caddy....sort of... :cwl:

zillah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT Premium PP
I thought all Mustangs drove like this...just need to slip the clutch more. Only thing that works.

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
I have a 16' base with the 6 speed. It is very clunky at low rpms. Like other have said, I need to slip the clutch more 1-2,2-3 and after that it's fine. I have owned the car for 2.5 years and taking off from a stop still requires more concentration than any of the other 7 manuals I have owned. First gear engagement is more than half the pedals worth on the release which throws me off cause 2nd engages right off the firewall.
Sponsored