Sponsored

2016 Camaro? Barf! *Pictures from Transformers Filming*

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Well this might have already been talked about but wow. H O T Garbage! I dont care if this thing goes 0-60 in 2 secs with a 8 sec quarter and comes with a lifetime gas card. GM hasnt made a good decision since 1987 and it looks like the trend will continue.

Just remember the original Camaro concept (used in first Transformers movie) was only mildly different from the actual launch vehicle. (Movie Car was much more Agressive) Just imagine the production version of this trash can blegh. They had the design right in 2010 but they continue to destroy it.

Hey all you guys that want that Alpha Frame weight....Enjoy.:headbonk::headbonk::headbonk::headbonk::headbonk::headbonk::headbonk::headbonk::headbonk::headbonk::headbonk::headbonk::headbonk:

Sponsored

FiveLiterDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
this vehicle will fit in perfectly with the rest of the rental car fleet

bullitt4204

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
"No-Rain" Rick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2001 Mustang Bullitt
That design will help generate new 2015 Mustang buyers!

S550Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350; 2018 Focus RS
That is absolutely not a 2016 Camaro. It's a fiberglass front cap and side fenders on the current car. Movie cars have useless add-on crap like this all the time, such as Eleanor.
It's for little boys who like kids toys, and bowties.

Sponsored

Pablo GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cayman S
Yea I was thinking we saw those pics long time ago. Styling aside I would not be too quick to diminish the new camaro. It will be formidable.

S550Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea I was thinking we saw those pics long time ago. Styling aside I would not be too quick to diminish the new camaro. It will be formidable.
Yes, the real 2016 will be extremely formidable, with 450 HP and 450 torque in the standard V-8 and with a better chassis.

Wild Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT
The front looks so... weird (like something out of a Cars movie?). The back looks similar to the current one.

buRNout

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chance
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0, Oxford White, saddle
Yeah I saw these pictures and laughed out loud, that's the most hideous front end I have ever seen. And not just because it's a Camaro, I had a 2011 and thought it was sharp. But if they build that crap, which would not surprise me, that would definitely boost S550 sales. Haha, I just scrolled back up and it still makes me laugh. That is a stupid looking front end. The production car will obviously be different but I don't think it will be much considering the movie would be wasted advertising if the car went in a different direction. Also, the cars in the last transformer movies have been pretty close to stock appearance .

Edit: sorry, before anyone points it out, I forgot about the wacky, hybrid looking corvette that made an appearance in the last transformer movie.

Wild Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT
Edit: sorry, before anyone points it out, I forgot about the wacky, hybrid looking corvette that made an appearance in the last transformer movie.
I haven't seen that movie, so I didn't know about that.

But that tells me that this may very well be far from what the 2016 will look like.

Sponsored

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Nobody has mentioned the gross wheels and stupid oversized spoiler on the new Corvette as well. Which Transformer is that Ricerbot?

And I wonder is that is a real Bugatti Veyron in the shot as well or just a imitation fiberglass shell over another vehicle.

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
Way too big to be a real one. It's following the oversized pig of a camaro and dwarfs it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Brent302

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
You really think GM is going to put out a crazy design and not use it for sales? They did it with the first movie

Camaro concept for 2007 was this used in the first movie

2 years later this is final

Plus all of you that think that this is to big for the 2016. If the 5.0 barely fits in the new engine bay for the mustang how do you think this new GM engine is going to fit in a ATS frame without making a huge front lip like seen above...just a thought.

amk91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTP PP and 2014 SVT Raptor SE
Well this might have already been talked about but wow. H O T Garbage! I dont care if this thing goes 0-60 in 2 secs with a 8 sec quarter and comes with a lifetime gas card. GM hasnt made a good decision since 1987 and it looks like the trend will continue.

Just remember the original Camaro concept (used in first Transformers movie) was only mildly different from the actual launch vehicle. (Movie Car was much more Agressive) Just imagine the production version of this trash can blegh. They had the design right in 2010 but they continue to destroy it.

Hey all you guys that want that Alpha Frame weight....Enjoy.:headbonk::headbonk::headbonk::headbonk::headbonk::headbonk::headbonk::headbonk::headbonk::headbonk::headbonk::headbonk::headbonk:

Yep, these are very old photos and I remember seeing them last summer before any revealing spy shots of the S550 came out. I doubt it will entirely look like that anyway. Also, I thought both the facelift S-197 and 5th gen Camaro were presented in '08 and in showrooms by early '09? Not sure how they'd gotten it the design right "in 2010", if it was already a done deal by then.

I'm sure they waited to until the S550 got leaked last year, as it was shortly after that GM spokespeople started commenting on the 6th gen Camaro being finished (as if they were waiting for Ford to show their hand).

S550Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You really think GM is going to put out a crazy design and not use it for sales? They did it with the first movie
The Alpha chassis was designed for a V-8. This isn't even a question, it's a known fact. The chassis comes in variable wheelbase and track, but the full range of engines fits them all. And it's already been confirmed by the Union that the Camaro is moving to the new Chassis, moving to the new assembly plant, and leaving Canada behind. Done deal.

And the Transformers car is purely a current gen Camaro, bad lock cylinder and all. Don't read anything else into that movie prop... just as Eleanor didn't portend a future Mustang And thank goodness, it was as much an abomination as this Transformers Camaro.
Sponsored