Vehicle(s)
Cali Special
Like the concept. Didn't find much feedback on them at a quick glance

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
I'm interested. This is a tech area the car is lacking in currently. But there isn't much detail either.

It seems to lack overhead though. -- I'll always find something to complain about. :)

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
Since it lacks an overhead camera view I feel as though the side cameras are kinda pointless... wouldn’t mind the front camera, though.

OP
OP
Nightblue3

Nightblue3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium PP
Hope for someone to try it and let us know if it does really work plug & play

Sponsored

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
Where do the side view cameras go? Usually that requires new parts for the side rear view mirrors.

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Aftermarket this won't work. The amount of work to get it to work on a car from the factory is beyond an aftermarket company. Trust me. I was in this area of engineering at Honda. If you look at the Acura MVC you will see that work we did.

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
Is that specifically for the overhead? I was thinking myself that would only work with OEM specific processing hardware.

I've only seen aftermarket solutions that incorporate factory hardware for cars that did not originally have it when they were originally released.

For instance, if Ford does a 2020 mustang with 360 overhead we may be in luck.

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
The “overhead” cameras are in the bottom of the mirror. If you’re an OEM working with a Sony or Panasonic on an integrated program it will still take 2-3 engineers to get it right. LOTS of government regs when it comes to cameras.
Aftermarket is typically sourcing cheap cameras and hacking some OE software. Unless they can actually do the aiming of the cameras (none of them truly can) it will be off in the areas where the cameras have to tie the images together.
I’d rather Ford invest in a better manual transmission or lightweight components. This is a Mustang, not a Fusion.

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
The “overhead” cameras are in the bottom of the mirror. If you’re an OEM working with a Sony or Panasonic on an integrated program it will still take 2-3 engineers to get it right. LOTS of government regs when it comes to cameras.
Aftermarket is typically sourcing cheap cameras and hacking some OE software. Unless they can actually do the aiming of the cameras (none of them truly can) it will be off in the areas where the cameras have to tie the images together.
I’d rather Ford invest in a better manual transmission or lightweight components. This is a Mustang, not a Fusion.
I have seen them in Mercedes that never had the option but they were using kits with OEM parts, such a mirror housings and electronics hardware.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Nightblue3

Nightblue3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium PP
I don't see camera housing or wires to be a problem here. The challenge is to cameras implementation with the OEM SYNC 3 screen

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10-3.55-400a
Vehicle Showcase
Well composite video connection means video will be substandard no matter how good the cameras are.
Sponsored