Sponsored

2015, worry about software update?

USPSALIMITED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G6 GT PP Guard
Have a 15 PP without all of the fancy synch stuff, the Ford website tells me that there is a software update for it.

Tried what I could think of to make the update work according to Ford website info & nothing happened.

Is there anything to 15 updates that makes them worth fretting about?
Sponsored

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I have an install file version that was only released for a short while then taken down, its 3.8. yours is 3.7?

the only change is siri-eye update

OP
OP
USPSALIMITED

USPSALIMITED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G6 GT PP Guard
Thanks!

Can't find any indication that I'm missing out on much, think I'm going to go with - it works so do not mess with it.
Well , 2 years later I still can not update the software in my 2015 Mustang, tried going through the Ford help guy on twitter & he ended up not knowing anything. Am getting a weird glitch with a "Key battery low" message that will not reset (it ain't the key and it ain't the battery) so I thought maybe a software update might be the fix for that.

Anybody successfully updated a 2015, base model Synch??

OP
OP
USPSALIMITED

USPSALIMITED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G6 GT PP Guard
Success finally.
Started here https://owner.ford.com/tools/account/how-tos/keep-your-sync-up-to-date.html . When the file download finished I caught the .zip file before the website automatically unzipped it. I proceeded with the .zip file per the website instructions.

For the in car stuff I finally found this:
https://owner.ford.com/support/how-...-and-updates/how-to-install-sync-updates.html . I couldn't follow the instructions exactly ("scroll to return" did not work) but was able to hack around a bit and get to the synch related menu items & make things work from there.

Still have not seen the car update the software version number on my USB but when I check version number on the car menu it is the latest & greatest.
Sponsored