Sponsored

2015 PP with brembo clunk during braking

OneFordGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT
Forgot to mention that I couldn't find anything loose underneath.
Sponsored

TwinReverb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Got my car back fixed. Had to have the right front lower control arm and strut replaced.

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Just be glad it's not a clink, you don't want one of those.

Sponsored

TwinReverb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP

TwinReverb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Sounds good. What was the cause of the control arm and strut going bad?

Sent from my SM-N9200 using Tapatalk
I have no idea car only has 9k miles on it. Not sure why it would have gone bad. May have not been tightened properly from the factory and wore out

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Sub'ed.

CTH621

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2015 GT, 2022 Shelby GT500
I have no idea car only has 9k miles on it. Not sure why it would have gone bad. May have not been tightened properly from the factory and wore out
I see. Are you lowered? My front driver strut also went bad at 3k miles and i'm not even lowered.

Sponsored

TwinReverb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I see. Are you lowered? My front driver strut also went bad at 3k miles and i'm not even lowered.

Nope. Front suspension is all stock.

billq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 V6 Auto 051 Package
Found the cause of the noise. It's the wheel studs moving inside the holes in the rotor. The holes are large enough to allow play. I took my wheel off and moved the studs forward and backward and they would make the same noise as when the brakes are applied. I figured my lug nuts may not have been tight enough so when I torqued my wheel back on I made sure all the lug nuts were exactly 150lbs. as the book calls for. Went for a short ride and it did not stop the noise at all. I took a short video on my phone of the play and noise with my wheel off. Anyone know how to stop the play or noise?
See video here
Is this amount of play considered normal? I've got the same. Also, when I was setting the torque to 150 lbs, I kinda rocked the car and I could hear a clanking noise coming from the front center of the car. I can reproduce it but I have no idea what it could be, since the car was on the ground for torqueing and I have no lift to see what is moving.

OneFordGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT
Is this amount of play considered normal? I've got the same. Also, when I was setting the torque to 150 lbs, I kinda rocked the car and I could hear a clanking noise coming from the front center of the car. I can reproduce it but I have no idea what it could be, since the car was on the ground for torqueing and I have no lift to see what is moving.
I've showed the video to a few of my car buddies and they think it's too much play, I should have checked the other wheel too. I took a long hard look under my car and looked at all of the bolts in the suspension to see if they "looked" tight and even applied some torque on a few and didn't find anything. I'll retorque the wheel tomorrow and see if I can get it to make the noise and then try to pinpoint it the best I can.

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
there should be no play between your wheel, wheel studs and hub. That is very discerning to have that.

billq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 V6 Auto 051 Package
Both my fronts are like that , the rears minimal play.
Sponsored