Sponsored

2015 Performances package missing stock splitter. Good alternatives?

Fishels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT premium performance package.

Love my 2015 mustang I have had for 4 weeks now but I immediately noticed when I bought it they had put the wrong valence on it. The car had been in an accident a long time ago and I assume it was cheaper for them to put the base gt front end on the car, or the previous owner simply didn’t care.

I saw a listing a few weeks ago and it looked the stock one but was like 500 bucks. It’s one of those things that annoys me but not 500 bucks annoys me lol. I have not called the part center yet. Are the stock ones hard to come by and are there any alternatives you guys might suggest? I don’t want anything too big or fancy I just think the original adds a little aggressive look to it.
Sponsored

djcodeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT roush SC
plenty of ebay ones for $100

OP
OP
Fishels

Fishels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
plenty of ebay ones for $100
I assume you mean like knockoffs and not OEM right. What words are good to type in to find these? Sorry I’m a new owner and lots needs changing lol

djcodeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT roush SC
I assume you mean like knockoffs and not OEM right. What words are good to type in to find these? Sorry I’m a new owner and lots needs changing lol
15-17 mustang font lip
Ask seller if it fits performance pack

OP
OP
Fishels

Fishels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
15-17 mustang font lip
Ask seller if it fits performance pack
Okay so a little confusion… mine doesn’t have the PP lip so why does that matter? Sorry if frustrating but is there any difference between how that would fit my PP vs base GT?

Like for example would I be taking off the lip already there or adding on to it? I was under the impression I’m just looking for one piece to replace it with. Or is the PP lip something added on to the regular lip from factory?

Sponsored

djcodeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT roush SC
Okay so a little confusion… mine doesn’t have the PP lip so why does that matter? Sorry if frustrating but is there any difference between how that would fit my PP vs base GT?

Like for example would I be taking off the lip already there or adding on to it? I was under the impression I’m just looking for one piece to replace it with. Or is the PP lip something added on to the regular lip from factory?
If your vehicle is performance pack you need a lip with holes that line up. If you look on american muscle you will see that they specify which models will fit

DonnieO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt cs
The belly pan is different for performance pack and base model.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase

Right the PP lip and the PP bellypan (aka undertray) fit together. The normal undertray and the PP lip are not compatible, so if you're replacing a lip with a different factory one or an aftermarket one, you should pay attention to which undertray is compatible and/or factor in buying the compatible undertray too.

The PP tray has ducts that lead to the deflectors on the PP control arms which deflect air through the smaller dust/heat shields on the knuckle to the inside-vented PP brakes.
Sponsored