Sponsored

2015 North American Car of the Year

Donny_k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Chevy S10
Maybe....

http://www.newsnet5.com/money/business-news/22-best-cars-trucks-of-upcoming-year-announced
22 best cars, trucks of upcoming year announced

Awards to be given January in Detroit

The 22 best cars and trucks of the year have been announced, months before American automotive journalists will cast their final votes.
The shortlists for North American Car and Truck of the Year were announced today, with the U.S. and Japan each having seven vehicles in the runnings.
A panel of writers and broadcasters from across the U.S. and Canada will vote for their choice in each category before the winners are announced at the North American International Auto Show in January.

To be eligible for the awards, a vehicle must have undergone substantial changes from the previous model and must have reasonably foreseeable sales figures in North America of 5,000 units for cars and 2,000 units for trucks. The vehicles must also go on sale “shortly after the announcement of the award.”

Japanese and German automakers each have three models in the running for Car of the Year, while America and South Korea each have two. Of the 12 nominees for Truck/Utility of the Year, five are American, four are Japanese and three are German.

The three finalists for each award will be announced on Dec. 9.

2015 North American Car of the Year short list:

Acura TLX
Audi A3
Chrysler 200
Ford Mustang
Honda Fit
Hyundai Genesis sedan
Hyundai Sonata
Mercedes-Benz C-Class
Toyota Camry
Volkswagen Golf/GTI

2015 North American Truck/Utility of the Year short list:

Audi Q3
Chevrolet Colorado
Chevrolet Tahoe
Ford F-150
GMC Canyon
Lexus NX
Lincoln MKC
Mercedes-Benz GLA-Class
Nissan Murano
Porsche Macan
Subaru Outback
Toyota Highlander
Sponsored

Wildcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Focus
For car of the year, my guess would be it will be either the Mustang, GTI, or A3.

e30og

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport
man if the snooze-tastic VW products make it Ill be pissed. GTI...come on its the most played out (plaid???) car of recent decades. A3? eww like a shrunken Jetta with a decent suit on. YAWN

Chlocli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
1999.5 Audi A4 1.8qtms
For car of the year, my guess would be it will be either the Mustang, GTI, or A3.
The A3 was already voted "world car of the year". The GTI while improved is not that significantly different. Remember Randy Pobst commented that the traction control is still too intrusive. The others have been enhanced but none have gone through a Mustang type transformation.

Wildcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Focus
The A3 was already voted "world car of the year". The GTI while improved is not that significantly different. Remember Randy Pobst commented that the traction control is still too intrusive. The others have been enhanced but none have gone through a Mustang type transformation.
Is there anything prohibiting it from winning both awards? The A3 has received quite a bit of praise. And yes the GTI does still look similar, but it's an all new platform and chassis, and the engine has improved quite a bit. And it's received near universal praise by auto journalists, and they are the ones who vote on this award.

And with all due respect to Randy Probst, I don't think they will be basing their votes on his complaint that he couldn't disable the traction control on a race course. It's about voting which car is the best new car on the market, not which is the best on a race track.

That said, I personally think the Mustang is the favorite, as is the F-150 in the truck segment. I'm just stating that those other two are likely to be near the top because of the positive praise they've received from journalists.

Husker

Just The Basic Facts
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
F-150
My Prediction:

2015 North American Car of the Year:

Ford Mustang

Volkswagen Golf/GTI