Er, I mean, own Mustangs.
Sponsored

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
Because Mustangs are wild horses. Stallions are also horses. So stallions = mustangs. Girls want Mustang because it is bigger than leprechaun's you-know-what.

Advantage Unicorn. Advantage me.

Problem?

westy

Threads
Reaction score
You are arguing with me? I am the one that established the Unicorn as better than the leprechaun in all this. You presume to tell me the unicorn is better? Duh! Unicorns are pure. No unclean thing can touch them yet they can heal the impure and unclean. The unicorn is a paradox, much like the Ford Mustang.

The Mustang is America's Pony car. Is that because of its name, "Mustang" and mustangs were used exclusively by the Pony Express? Probably. The Camaro is just another futile attempt by a general to horn in on the Pony car. Too bad the Camaro fails. The Mustang wins by default currently. It is only better because there is no competition.

All-Or-Nothing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 6 Series Vert
The Cadillac ATS is and it weighs in at 3461 in V6 trim. It is actually a pretty good car but it is no BMW 3-Series killer (as much as it kills me to say that).

Personally I think the Camaro will add a little weight to the equation but not much. But with Ford going roughly 300 LBS lighter, I think team Ford will smell victory yet again.

The current V6 Mustang weighs in at 3523 (base coupe). That's only 62lbs heavier than that ATS. FORD will have no problem being lighter than the new Slomaro on the ATS chassis.

Also the Mustang V6 runs a 13.7 1/4 mile and the ATS 3.6 runs a 14 flat 1/4 mile.

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
The current V6 Mustang weighs in at 3523 (base coupe). That's only 62lbs heavier than that ATS. FORD will have no problem being lighter than the new Slomaro on the ATS chassis.

Also the Mustang V6 runs a 13.7 1/4 mile and the ATS 3.6 runs a 14 flat 1/4 mile.
And this is why I invited you over AoN. :D

Sponsored

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
Car and Driver actually just got 14 flat with the ATS. But here's something funny... C&D Lists its curb weight 3561, a full 100 LBS heavier than Wikipedia said.

Damn you, Wikipedia!!!

But what that also means is that the Mustang is ALREADY lighter than the Alpha!!! Chevy got NO CHANCE!!!! :D

Coyotestang13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang 5.0 MT82 3.73
The new Camaro will be much improved but so will the Mustang.

westy

Threads
Reaction score
The Camaro is butt-freakin-ugly. That interior is like sitting at the bottom of a well. The Prius is far better than the Camaro.

OP
OP

MPACT

The Camaro is butt-freakin-ugly. That interior is like sitting at the bottom of a well. The Prius is far better than the Camaro.
for real, it's the worst visibility i've ever experienced in a car when i sat in one at the auto show. it's those high door lines.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Prodigy

The camaro looks great if you like driving a car that still looks like a concept. Wayyy too many hard creases, lines and cuts. Visually it helps to make it look smaller than the fat whale that it is, but personally I prefer the challenger looks way better.

And yea cockpit visibility like a tank...

David Young

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang
The Camaro does look like crap, also sad to see the new Vette has its rear end :(.

The way i see it, we will get a 'better' Mustang because of the Camaro. just saying............:)

OP
OP

OKCfan

The Camaro does look like crap, also sad to see the new Vette has its rear end :(.

The way i see it, we will get a 'better' Mustang because of the Camaro. just saying............:)
Hah have you seen any of the Corvette guys online talk about the new C7? They're all ready to hurl themselves off a bridge because the new tail lights are square instead of circular :doh:

And yea, the Mustang and Camaro always push the other to end up better. Ford already knows that the next Camaro will be smaller and more lightweight from being on that new Caddy ATS's platform, so I'm sure we'll see Ford reduce the weight on the S550 model too :clap2:

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
Hah have you seen any of the Corvette guys online talk about the new C7? They're all ready to hurl themselves off a bridge because the new tail lights are square instead of circular :doh:
C4 Corvette anyone?

OP
OP

TradeStepan

Check this out GM just announced a new twin turbo 420hp V6 for the 2014 CTS. No doubt we see this in the next gen Camaro (if not even in this generation).

http://www.edmunds.com/car-news/red...cts-snarls-with-new-420-hp-twin-turbo-v6.html

Just the Facts:
  • The 2014 Cadillac CTS will launch later this year with an all-new, twin-turbocharged 3.6-liter V6.
  • The new V6 is unexpectedly stout, developing 420 horsepower and 430 pound-feet of torque.
  • The new-generation 2014 CTS also will offer a 2-liter turbocharged four-cylinder and the current CTS's 3.6-liter V6.
Sponsored