2015 Mustang GT hard thump when going over bumps

FlacoTheAlmighty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Hey y’all I’m wondering if you guys could help me figure out what’s going on with my car. I have a 2015 mustang gt with about 80,000 miles on it. Recently I put SR Performance lowering springs and shocks on 1. Obviously cuz I wanted to lower it and 2. Because my shocks were leaking and I was bouncing a lot. I replaced both I’ve had my alignment done but every time I go over a bump it’s like I hit a pothole. I thought this was a shock issue as I couldn’t really see anything wrong when I looked at it but I’m not sure where to go from there.
Sponsored

TopJimmyCooks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Prem PP; 2019 EcoBoost Prem
Vehicle Showcase
Did you do anything to the sway bar? When I had mine put on, they forgot to install the positioning clamps that keep it from sliding side to side. Over time it shimmied to the left, causing the right end-link to strike the frame on bumps. As for the SR installation, I’d take it someone to have them double-check the work if you can’t ID the problem. A second set of eyes never hurts.

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Who installed everything, you or a shop?.. If you did it, I'd go over everything and make sure everything is tight and installed correctly... check the top strut nut and make sure it is tight enough. If a shop, I would take it to them and have them look at it and fix it.
Sponsored