Sponsored

2015 Mustang EcoBoost - COBB Tuning

kart3l

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'Mustang Ecoboost PP
Don't let these guys discourage you, the Cobb map makes a huge difference. I drove around on the stock map for about 9 months before I flashed to Cobb stage 1 and the difference is huge. And I flashed back to stock a few weeks ago to take it in for the recall service and the car felt like a total dog with the stock map. The Cobb map is a night and day difference.
Which map do you guys use with the COBB map? There is high boost, med boost, and low boost version.
Sponsored

medic_cop15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Wow!! Just flashed the Cobb stage 1 and holy crap lol the mustang can move haha

sent from my Oneplus One via tapatalk

Spoolin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost PP 6spd Manual
Which map do you guys use with the COBB map? There is high boost, med boost, and low boost version.
Map 1 is high boost i keep it at the high boost setting because when i need the power i want it to be there.

I tried map 5 a couple times but always forget its in map 5 when i try to get on it and i get pissed so i stick with map 1 lol

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
Hi boost map. Always. I've only gone to low boost as a gag to see how long I could drive like that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kuronos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Hi boost map. Always. I've only gone to low boost as a gag to see how long I could drive like that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where are you guys getting these boost maps from? I have Cobb access port with the free Adam tune

Sponsored

ECM90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Where are you guys getting these boost maps from? I have Cobb access port with the free Adam tune

The boost maps are already loaded on the tune. Just press cancel on your cruise control and the RPM gauge will point to which slot you are in. Once you press cancel you can see and press up/down cruise control button to switch it. RPM gauge pointing to 1 is the highest boost for Cobb and it progressively gets lower up to slot 4. Slot 5 is economy. You can even switch while you driving down the highway. Adams tune, 1 is the highest and 5 is the lowest. I don't think he has the economy slot loaded on his tune unless you ask/pay for it.

Kuronos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Oh wow thank you, now I'm going to make sure I'm in high boost. I could have sworn I tried pressing cancel on cc and fiddled around and nothing happened. Do I have to enable something in accessport application?

ECM90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
I didn't have to. When I loaded the OTS Cobb it was already enable, and then when I loaded Adams tune it was enabled also. I emailed Adam to clarify what his slots were. If you're at idle you may not notice it go to 1 since its hovering around there anyway. Also you have to press up/down right after you press cancel or it goes away. So try to press cancel then quickly press up and see if your rpm jumps to 2. Once you don't press anything for a second your rpm will go back to actual rpm and you are now in that slot. To change, just repeat process.

Spoolin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost PP 6spd Manual
Just stick with map 1, if you know how turbochargers work and have a light foot you can save more gas than the economy map. If you skipshift right (1-4-6) you can save even more gas mileage.

nanotech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Fastback w/ Performance Package, 6MT
I just flashed the Cobb Stage 1 map (93 octane, v1.21) on my 2015 MT EcoBoost with a JLT intake and Magnaflow Street catback. After getting OAR back down to -1.00, the car runs really well. The seat of the pants impression matches up very well with the dyno charts for this map. Lots of torque at low RPM is followed by significantly more midrange power than stock. As an unexpected side-effect of the Stage 1 map, the new calibration for the accelerator pedal was a bit surprising at first. It feels fairly similar to the more aggressive pedal response used in the factory Track drive mode. If it were up to me, I'd calibrate it with a slightly more linear response, thus providing more sensor resolution off idle. I'm looking forward to the release of Stage 2 maps that will hopefully be compatible with the intercooler I plan to add later. For now, this map definitely improves significantly over the stock tune.
Sponsored

Last edited: