2015 Mustang Built engine for boost

Wraith_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Caiden
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt
Hello, I’ve been trying to do research and pricing on Engine parts and labor costs to build my gen 2 coyote, but to be completely honest I’m not entirely sure where to start. I know my end goal is boost, and my end horsepower goal will change depending on my choice of forced induction (haven’t decided whipple or twin turbo yet). If I could get some sort of guidance or even a parts list that would be a huge help and a step in the right direction.
Sponsored

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Can keep the stock motor if you dont want more than like 800-900 rwhp, and dont rev over about 7600-7800 rpm and run e85 I think. If you want more than that but less than ~1050 maybe 1200 rwhp turboed I would recommend an aluminator. Over that look at FFRE and talk to them about your goals. I dont know much, but my aluminator has been great but im not pushing it too hard @800 rwhp.

Are you going to daily or just race the car? Daily I think I would recommend a whipple I think.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Clarifying your objectives could bring several aspects of the build into focus. You'd like to have a faster, boosted car, but the purpose? What will you be doing with the car once complete? Several here could have insight into realistic, achievable HP, but what is your goal? Are we starting with a bone stock car? Current mileage? Mods? History?

Once the overall objective and desired HP is roughed out, I'd research and discuss the entire drivetrain. Engine (to include cooling), transmission, driveshaft, rear end, fuel system, brakes and tires. Some items can be refreshed and continue to be used. Others will need to be replaced to properly use the newly-added HP. Any of these parts can differ, depending on your intent with the car.

One thing you could get now, no matter what path you take: a notebook and pens. This will be your brain book, your project book, to write down thoughts, quotes, POCs, things to research, etc. Start a detailed spreadsheet, with PN#s, costs, budget, etc. Be realistic, then add 10% to the total cost (for all the things you're going to forget). At some point, you'll have enough insight to commit (or not).

If you do move forward and begin the project, please continue to return, with photos and updates. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wraith_5.0

Wraith_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Caiden
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt
Can keep the stock motor if you dont want more than like 800-900 rwhp, and dont rev over about 7600-7800 rpm and run e85 I think. If you want more than that but less than ~1050 maybe 1200 rwhp turboed I would recommend an aluminator. Over that look at FFRE and talk to them about your goals. I dont know much, but my aluminator has been great but im not pushing it too hard @800 rwhp.

Are you going to daily or just race the car? Daily I think I would recommend a whipple I think.
It wouldn’t be a strictly daily car, but I don’t want a full racecar either, a fast street and occasional track car. Only Reason I was considering turbos is due to being able to adjust the boost levels. I’ll look into the aluminator

OP
OP
Wraith_5.0

Wraith_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Caiden
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt
Clarifying your objectives could bring several aspects of the build into focus. You'd like to have a faster, boosted car, but the purpose? What will you be doing with the car once complete? Several here could have insight into realistic, achievable HP, but what is your goal? Are we starting with a bone stock car? Current mileage? Mods? History?

Once the overall objective and desired HP is roughed out, I'd research and discuss the entire drivetrain. Engine (to include cooling), transmission, driveshaft, rear end, fuel system, brakes and tires. Some items can be refreshed and continue to be used. Others will need to be replaced to properly use the newly-added HP. Any of these parts can differ, depending on your intent with the car.

One thing you could get now, no matter what path you take: a notebook and pens. This will be your brain book, your project book, to write down thoughts, quotes, POCs, things to research, etc. Start a detailed spreadsheet, with PN#s, costs, budget, etc. Be realistic, then add 10% to the total cost (for all the things you're going to forget). At some point, you'll have enough insight to commit (or not).
My current goal is to have a quick street car and also a track/road course car(no drag racing). Hp goal is around 800, eventually working my way up to 1000+. I am starting with a pretty much stock car, only mods are a corsa catback, wheels and tires, and steeda lowering springs and I’m at 58000 miles.

I’ve been trying to do my research through YouTube and forums like this and I’ve been struggling to find a guideline other then “boost, fuel system, OPG”.

baevid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Aluminator shortblock is probably the safest bet in that power range and doesn't break the bank.
Sponsored