Sponsored

2015+ GT350 Mustang official power specs: 526 HP / 429 LB-FT!

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
It will feel better even if you don't wind it into the stratosphere due to:

-More tire
-More gear

Edit: I realize you were just talking engine and the below is more about the car, but I think that the whole package has to be considered to make a decision whether to buy.

Also, if you've never driven a car with active exhaust, you will be AMAZED. I think it is simply the greatest thing ever. It almost made me buy a Camaro; it's that good!! ;) If Ford is able to do the active exhaust as well as Chivy did in the Camaro, that alone will be huge for me.

I expect magneride will make a difference too, but I don't know that. I do have direct experience with more tire and more gear on the street, though. You will notice a big difference on the street. I guarantee it.

Oh, and you will also notice that the car won't wallow around as much as the regular GT. I'm also sure of that.
Can you please explain active exhaust? thanks and why so important:shrug:
Sponsored

obgod3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, PP1, 401A, A10
I totally get that. Just wanted to point out that the upgrade from GT to GT350, even if you have the money may not be an obvious one or even a worth while one for many folks (like myself). The lower, wider car for one makes a large car even larger and doesnt help those like me who live in cities. I suspect the Voodoo engine will probably not feel much better, if at all, daily driving. I am NOT denying the awesomeness of the GT350 BTW.
Oh hey I wasn't busting on anyone. I totally get what your saying though. I thread my Tundra like a Porsche everyday in the city....although folks tend to get out of my way LOL.

it is just my personal thing that I prefer the lower wider cars. :):D

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Just a valve in the muffler to open/close to make it louder or quieter if you would like.

And+1 on the stance and wider panels. 305+ all around...yes please

jeebuspwnz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
m3
For fun I eyeballed a few dyno charts from google search, and made the following chart. It compares the Voodoo to the M3 V8 and M5 V10 engines. I reduced the Voodoo output by 15% to account for RWHP (the other cars were from chassis dyno results).

Assuming the results are close to accurate, what you find is not that the Voodoo is losing torque in certain places, but rather that it has a large increase in torque in the mid-range. Not as strong as a stock Coyote (which actually might be a nice addition) on the very low end, but looks to be a very nice engine overall.

Can't wait to get one!

I used the M3 dyno above for that info.
Here is the dyno I used for the M5:

-T
yep, just as I said earlier...this engine has curves VERRRY similar to the s65/s85. Impressive how much more power under the curve the voodoo puts out even against the s85 (since the displacement is similar)

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I just hope it has the same throttle response as the S65, so easy to blip the throttle with those

Sponsored

10splaya22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
F150
Also, if you've never driven a car with active exhaust, you will be AMAZED. I think it is simply the greatest thing ever. It almost made me buy a Camaro; it's that good!! ;) If Ford is able to do the active exhaust as well as Chivy did in the Camaro, that alone will be huge for me.

I expect magneride will make a difference too, but I don't know that. I do have direct experience with more tire and more gear on the street, though. You will notice a big difference on the street. I guarantee it.
Active exhaust being the greatest thing ever? Lol. All it does it changes the exhaust note by bypassing some of the mufflers. I'll take magride over active exhaust any day. Even the newer DCT's are much more advanced technology and better at reducing lap times (however I still think manuals are more fun).

drmustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
My God what a time for us gearheads! N/A small blocks making in excess of 500 H/P. After riding around in my '15 GTPP I have come to the conclusion that I want it to perform in all venues not just the 1/4 mile and I was born and raised at the dragstrip...which brings me to my point about the GT350, this thing is going to not only be a blast on a road course/auto-crossing but will DEFINITELY hold its own on the blvd and occasional trip to a dragstrip.

Again just a great time to be an American who loves V-8 high-performance engines.
So true. We are now taking 12 second cars for granted. Look how many factory performance cars can now rip 1/4 miles in the 11s. A stock A8, Z06 recently ran a 10.4. That is insane for a vehicle right off an assembly line. These are absolutely the very best of times. Technology has really resurrected the muscle/performance car in a big way.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
skinnies up front :headbonk::headbonk::headbonk::headbonk:

Sponsored

aguilar310

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Boss 302 #1235
He takes one of the best starting points for a N/A track car and slaps a ton of F/I bullshit onto it..and expects $50,000 for it?

No thank you, you screwed that Boss up.
I agree. Thats not my car. I had a Boss 302 and I loved that car and as good as that car handled, I can't even imagine how well the GT350 is going to drive.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I still have my GT brembo package and my only big complaint is how bent out of shape it gets (mainly the rear end) when you hit a big bump mid corner.

Can't want to no longer feel the rear floating around on me.

Viperbluecobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Base PP Recaros
He takes one of the best starting points for a N/A track car and slaps a ton of F/I bullshit onto it..and expects $50,000 for it?

No thank you, you screwed that Boss up.
I disagree.

I was cross shopping boss mustangs with shelby's at one point because of the motor potential for boost. Unlike the standard 5.0, the boss had better internals from the factory.

FStephenMasek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland V8 '02 M-B c230K
My God what a time for us gearheads! N/A small blocks making in excess of 500 H/P..... Again just a great time to be an American who loves V-8 high-performance engines.
Absolutely! Add the upcoming new Camaro and the Hellcat-equipped Challengers and Chargers, and it is a far better time than ever before.

I just wish I fit in the Mustang, and the GT350 had an automatic transmission option to make it practical for use in traffic, not just the open road or race course.

mustang_lurkers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT 350 Tech Package
526 horsepower is plenty for me. I have had my Saleen S-281 SC for almost 11 years and never put it on the drag strip. I have had loads of fun on the streets and winding back roads. The GT350 will be even better. The GT350 has similar hp and touque numbers to my current car but does it with out forced induction and all with a much better platform. The car I ordered comes in about $6,000 cheaper than what I was expecting too pay. This is a great deal!
Sponsored