Sponsored

2015 GT PP with Clutch Chatter issue.

Toothless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Auto
I have a 2015 GT w/ PP and ever since i got it, it has a chattery clutch during engagement in 1st and reverse and during a down shift you can feel it slightly. Most stock clutches have a super smooth engagement and disengagement, but not this car (or at least mine). Letting out the clutch slowly and smoothly promotes a chattering feeling ike its grabbing and releasing in a very quick manner. It feels very similar to running a very aggressive 6 puck clutch disc with an un sprung clutch disc. This is very surprising and annoying. I searched and could not find any other complaints on this "Issues" forum, but did find some people with similar issues on 2015 GTs on SVTPerformance forum.

Am I the only one on this forum with this issue? Anybody else? Anyone would notice it. You dont have to try hard to produce it. So you would know if you have the problem. My wife even asked me why the clutch wasn't very smooth when taking off from a stop or backing out of the driveway.

Brian
Sponsored

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Mine's smooth as butter. Have you had it looked at? Might want to sit in the passenger seat with a local mechanic as we if they can duplicate the issue.

OP
OP
Toothless

Toothless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Auto
Mine's smooth as butter. Have you had it looked at? Might want to sit in the passenger seat with a local mechanic as we if they can duplicate the issue.
That's what I was afraid of. The one I test drive was smooth. I know it's a clutch problem and I don't want them taking my car apart with only 480 miles on it. Grrrrr

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
My C7 would do this. I haven't noticed it with my GT/PP

yellowragtop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 mustang conv
perhaps try pumping the clutch pedal a lot. maybe its air in the hydraulic line. just a thought

Sponsored

OP
OP
Toothless

Toothless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Auto
perhaps try pumping the clutch pedal a lot. maybe its air in the hydraulic line. just a thought
I hope it's that easy. I'll drop by dealer and see what they think.

JohnK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Ruby Red
No clutch chatter in my GT PP at all. I have experienced it on other cars, so I can easily recognize it.

Apollo_1092

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
My GT PP does that a lot s well. I just dropped it off to have that, a bunch of transmission noises looked at and a bunch of body panels looked at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
Toothless

Toothless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Auto
Please let me know what they say about the clutch chatter.

Apollo_1092

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Please let me know what they say about the clutch chatter.

Will do. Should have something by Saturday

Sponsored

Apollo_1092

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Got the car back. The dealership wasn't able to produce any problems. I have some videos I'm going to upload and will be taking the car back next weekend to show the techs what I'm hearing.

Apollo_1092

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Yeah I had a feeling they weren't going to be able too. They did fix a loud exhaust rattle I apparently had. Hopefully next weekend will be more informative.

OP
OP
Toothless

Toothless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Auto
I've found out that the chattering clutch is bad sometimes in 1st gear, but it's absolutely impossible to back up slowly without terrible shuttering/chattering of the clutch. So that will be what I tell them to troubleshoot. No way to back up slowly up a slight incline without the whole driveline and car shaking like crazy.

Apollo_1092

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I've found out that the chattering clutch is bad sometimes in 1st gear, but it's absolutely impossible to back up slowly without terrible shuttering/chattering of the clutch. So that will be what I tell them to troubleshoot. No way to back up slowly up a slight incline without the whole driveline and car shaking like crazy.

Mine is bad in first gear. My clutch makes a lot of racket when I let it out after starting the car. And when I'm sitting going from gear to neutral when I let the clutch out it makes some nasty sounds as well.

Sponsored