2015 GT PP vs. 2013 M3

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Anyone here a past owner of a 2013 M3? If so, would love to hear some of your feedback on this car.
Sponsored

scottpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT 6MT w/ Brembos
Looking forward to opinions from someone that has actually driven both. Personally, after all these months, I'm burned out on all of the theories and conjecture about how the GT stacks up against others. I want to see real world feedback. :)

Hopefully soon...

OP
OP
Todd15Fastback

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
I was looking at elite CPO '13 M3's today. Found a good bit of them for sale for around 60k with 5k miles or less. They are warranted until 2019! 100k miles. That is appealing to me as I love these as they are the last ones with the V8.

scottpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT 6MT w/ Brembos
Obviously you'll want to drive both to decide, but I would be pretty surprised if the '13 M3 offers a driving experience that's worth $20K+ more than what the GT+PP now offers.

And, IMO, if you're seriously considering a car in that price range, you ought to also be thinking about the GT350 or even a C7 Vette (if 4 seats are not a priority).

bpang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 WRX, '11 Forester and '15 Forester
I'm likely getting a '11 or so E92 M3 unless the S550 GT just blows my socks off.

I find myself less interested about driving a manual car anymore and refuse to buy a GT with an auto because they leave so much of the cool stuff off of the auto equipped cars (would get PP and Recaros). As such, the M3 with the DCT fits my bill a lot more than the GT. :(

Unless Motor Trend or The Smoking Tire review the GT just to be lights-out awesome. :D If the GT gets pretty universal praise I might still consider driving a manual again...it's just that I am so tired of it having driven a WRX, then an SI, then another WRX for the last 10 years. Getting old and really don't want to have a 2nd car right now.

Sponsored

scottpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT 6MT w/ Brembos
Unless Motor Trend or The Smoking Tire review the GT just to be lights-out awesome. :D If the GT gets pretty universal praise I might still consider driving a manual again...it's just that I am so tired of it having driven a WRX, then an SI, then another WRX for the last 10 years. Getting old and really don't want to have a 2nd car right now.
Just drive it and decide yourself. Don't let someone else's opinion of the car decide for you.

And if you're not in a big hurry, I'm pretty confident that the GT with Performance Package will be available with the auto next year, if not sooner...

Swoope

Zoom-Freakin'-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
15 GTI PP / 04 Rx8 track car
I'm likely getting a '11 or so E92 M3 unless the S550 GT just blows my socks off.

I find myself less interested about driving a manual car anymore and refuse to buy a GT with an auto because they leave so much of the cool stuff off of the auto equipped cars (would get PP and Recaros). As such, the M3 with the DCT fits my bill a lot more than the GT. :(

the dct in the 11. 7speed is meh at best..

beers

stilesg57

Threads
Reaction score

I'm not in the same boat as you with the automatic thing (I'm getting old, but not that old, ha!), but I totally agree on the Mustang needing to wow me to get me to buy. And the reviews largely are not encouraging on that front. "Big improvement, but not a game changer" seems to be the most common line. Frankly, if it isn't truly awesome, I can wait a couple years and see what used prices are for them and if they (or another interesting car model) have evolved into an even better deal by then.

bpang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 WRX, '11 Forester and '15 Forester
Word to all...will obviously drive the thing when I get a chance but I know our local dealers are not super horny for someone to test drive it on a backroad. That is why I rely a lot on my magazine and youtube reviewers of choice.

I will also admit that I have never been all that happy with driving stick even though I have been primarily driving it for well over a decade. I think it is a combination of poor skill, questionable driving ability and lack of natural talent. I think a DCT or really good auto would help me focus more on racing lines and less on shifting. Because I NEED ALL THE HELP I CAN GET.

Gentracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 wheels, a few cylinders and valves

This is pretty much the same boat I am in. Between my current crappy clutch/transmission and the fkn idiot drivers and ridiculous traffic in DFW, I absolutely hate driving now, so Im going back auto or DCT. I really like the 5.0 GT but hate that you cant get PP with auto, so Im leaning heavily towards the M.

Sponsored

Sterling Archer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Evil Mobile
I think it all boils down to the experience you want. The M3 will be a race car you can take on the streets. Sure BMW might use more "soft touch materials", but when you really look at the interior it's super bland. I don't know who their dashboard designer is, but he must have been born in a cereal box - and I'm talking the high fiber kind.

It's hard to say whether the new mustang will be faster on the track or not until reviewers have actually timed it, but I do know that it'll be a better city car (especially the ecoboost). Until you've actually seen an S550 in person, you don't really recognize just how nice it looks and how much went into the cockpit-styled user experience.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Wow.... the ONLY M3 I would never own, is the E9X...

I would easily buy a brand new GT w/pp, before I bought a used E9x.. lol

OP
OP
Todd15Fastback

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
I think it all boils down to the experience you want. The M3 will be a race car you can take on the streets. Sure BMW might use more "soft touch materials", but when you really look at the interior it's super bland. I don't know who their dashboard designer is, but he must have been born in a cereal box - and I'm talking the high fiber kind.

It's hard to say whether the new mustang will be faster on the track or not until reviewers have actually timed it, but I do know that it'll be a better city car (especially the ecoboost). Until you've actually seen an S550 in person, you don't really recognize just how nice it looks and how much went into the cockpit-styled user experience.
The E9X is the only M3 I would ever buy, solely due to the V8 masterpiece under the hood. I agree the interior is very utilitarian in the BMW.

I really think the '15GT PP will beat the '13 M3 around the track given the gait the '11-14GT PP was only a .1 slower in all the tests.

I have seen the S550 in person and it is gorgeous. I saw the White LE and Black 5.0 at Charlotte for the 50th Anniversary event.

The aftermarket is cheaper for the Mustang as well. Ford has really upped their material quality on this new S550 to go head to head with the BMW and others.

OP
OP
Todd15Fastback

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
Wow.... the ONLY M3 I would never own, is the E9X...

I would easily buy a brand new GT w/pp, before I bought a used E9x.. lol
I agree. The '13 CPO's I have been looking at are between 60-65k with 2-5k miles on them. I have never bought used cars, been lucky enough to always afford and want new ones :)

Sterling Archer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Evil Mobile
While you're considering other cars, take a look at my thread on which car is the most fun to drive. We've got a good conversation covering everything from ecoboost mustang to GTI.

Right now I'm absolutely loving the FiST I just drove. I can only describe it as complete sense of controlled mania, where the car is a diabolical villain laughing at your pathetic attempts to tame it.
Sponsored