Sponsored

2015 GT PP -TICK/SCRATCHY/GRINDING noise(Issue Gradually Going Away)

FireHive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Mustang
[ame]

I don't know if there is an actual noise or i'm over thinking it, but here it is.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Nemesys

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
I don't know if there is an actual noise or i'm over thinking it, but here it is.
Sounds normal to me man, I wouldnt worry about it. Out of curiosity, when your car is fully warmed up what does it idle at?

FireHive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Mustang
Sounds normal to me man, I wouldnt worry about it. Out of curiosity, when your car is fully warmed up what does it idle at?
Around 750 ish. Btw, thanks for answering so fast, fastest answers ive ever gotten on this forum :)

FireHive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Mustang
Dropped car off at dealership today... AC has been blowing hot air and cold air on and off... will update soon...

RushGotti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

I hear the sound too, It's normal.

I thought maybe a pulley was damaged from the crash I was involved, But turns out nothing was wrong with it.

Sponsored

Rodders

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hi Folks

I have had a bunch of GTs with the 5.0L engine and they are somewhat noisy. However, I didn't like the ticking noise that was actually getting worse so took it in at 1400 miles and they found 2 cylinders not firing and some oil in there and ran a boroscope in there and turns about the cylinder walls were scratched in the 2 cylinders, so they replaced everything except the heads. Had about 20 Fords in 30 years and never had any engine problems but Ford very good about replacing it as they don't want us (you) to have problems and be an unhappy customer. If you think you have a problem take it in to get some piece of mind, or as suggested, just wait as some noises go away...and the Powertrain Warranty will cover you for quite a long time. Cheers

15mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
I have a problem with my transmission too!!

[FONT=&quot]I wanted to share my story to help everyone and fellow Ford owners (my advice: be careful when leaving your car at a dealership!)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I recently purchased a brand new 2015 Mustang GT 5.0 (with 32 miles on it) and when I brought it home I noticed the door brushed against the front fender when I opened it which caused paint damage. It seems the front fender had been misaligned (link in Youtube video below).[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]So I took it to a local Ford dealership, Bozard Ford, after I drove it about 200 miles, and they took pictures of the paint damage, and got authorization for warranty repair. They then took it to Greg's Auto Collision in St Augustine (~7 miles away) according to both the dealership service manager and assistant service manager and Greg’s apparently did a very poor paint repair on my new car (less than a week old). Pictures in Youtube video below. The paint and clear coat were further damaged on the car somehow in the whole process. The dealership then acknowledged the paint repair wasn’t right and could be sent back for proper paint repair. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]So, I chose to bring my car home from the dealership, and when I drove away in my Mustang (after the dealership had it for ~16 miles), I immediately noticed the manual transmission didn’t shift right at all (it always shifted perfectly when I dropped it off). The transmission would basically now bind, catch, grind and then pop into 4th gear at low RPMs in a very odd two stage process. It absolutely NEVER did this before I dropped it at the dealership. In addition, third and fourth now made a louder thud going into gear. The transmission shift quality was significantly, noticeably degraded somehow when I left it in the dealership’s care.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Other people have driven it and confirmed my concern. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Terrible Paint Repair:[/FONT]
[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]pairY8em0OY[/MEDIA]"][FONT=&quot]
[FONT=&quot]Ford has offered to rebuild the transmission, rather than a brand new transmission, (since it’s a brand new car under warranty[FONT=&quot]).[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Please feel free to view and share my video to help a long-time Ford and Mustang owner and family![/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Last edited:

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Update: Ford has offered to rebuild the transmission since it’s a brand new car under warranty.
Hey 15mustang,

I know you were working with a CSM on the previous issues. Have you alerted them to the update? Keep me updated; I'm here if you need further assistance.

Jeff :ford:

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
Well, my car goes into the shop monday for the now common engine trans? Sound. Then headers on Tuesday lol.

15mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
Well, my car goes into the shop monday for the now common engine trans? Sound. Then headers on Tuesday lol.
What do you mean common engine transmission sound? Could you please describe?

Sponsored

AngryBeavers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 black gt
My car started making this noise today. It sounds so much more awful in person.

OP
OP
Nemesys

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
Well I am maybe the only one right now that can report Im not having any issues, but my idle is no longer set at 590/600 rpms. I dont have any abnormal noises, and my shifting has been good as expected.

Im over 4k miles currently.
Sponsored