2015 GT Leasing

Stroked84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I just started talking with a few local dealerships today about leasing a new GT base ~$35000 MSRP and I'm left scratching my head. Of the three only one seems to be a straight shooter.

His quote:
MSRP: 34910
XPLAN: 32914
$0 down
$929.48 due at signing
39mo/10.5k
59% RV
2.99%(.00125) MF
$429/month including tax

The other two dealerships both had to talk to their managers and call me back. The numbers they gave me were both, "you're looking at high $600s-low $700s with nothing down, because it's a GT."

WTF does "it's a GT" have to do with anything? Numbers are numbers. The sticker price, RV, MF and term aren't affected by it being "a GT" so what's the deal? Is this normal? I'm obviously going with the guy who ISN'T trying to screw me over.

Also, does that quote sound like a good deal? I'm happy with it.

[Edit->] The reason I'm going with a Mustang is because the BMW M235i that I ordered on November 20th is STILL in production and won't be delivered until the first week of March at the earliest. So I'm going to get my deposit back and go with a Mustang. They will have to do a dealer trade, but they're willing to do it. I could have the car as early as Friday. Pretty stoked.
Sponsored

mkenny28

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT Premium Convertible
I just started talking with a few local dealerships today about leasing a new GT base ~$35000 MSRP and I'm left scratching my head. Of the three only one seems to be a straight shooter.

His quote:
MSRP: 34910
XPLAN: 32914
$0 down
$929.48 due at signing
39mo/10.5k
59% RV
2.99%(.00125) MF
$429/month

The other two dealerships both had to talk to their managers and call me back. The numbers they gave me were both, "you're looking at high $600s-low $700s with nothing down, because it's a GT."

WTF does "it's a GT" have to do with anything? Numbers are numbers. The sticker price, RV, MF and term aren't affected by it being "a GT" so what's the deal? Is this normal? I'm obviously going with the guy who ISN'T trying to screw me over.

Also, does that quote sound like a good deal? I'm happy with it.
That quote seems pretty good to me at first glance. I lease an 2014 Explorer from the dealership I bought my 2015 GT from. When I started the lease process on my first one, a 2011 Explorer, my dealer had a hard time with the numbers. I had to walk them through a few things because maybe 1% of their business is leasing. It seemed to be the same at most Ford dealerships I went to in my area actually. Not sure why, maybe a regional thing. Reading the forums it seems that a lot of dealers have a problem leasing GTs at decent prices.

Trav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang PP
Out of curiosity, did they tell you how they were able to do the lease? Private bank?

OP
OP

Stroked84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I didn't ask that. I called kind of late and he had to help a walk in customer. So he sent me over the lease worksheet right before he left for the day. I will be calling him first thing tomorrow and I'll ask him that and a few more questions. It's just weird. When I first spoke with him he made it seem like leasing a GT was no different than leasing a Fusion. He actually seemed confused why I was asking about GT leasing being difficult.

I'm just confused about the whole situation. lol. I should know more tomorrow and I'll report back.

My only concern right now is the $1000 deposit I gave BMW. It didn't say anywhere "non-refundable" but I don't know if they're going to be pricks about it. The way I see it, I was told I would have the car by the end of January and it's still 2 months away. I can't wait forever. A guy's gotta drive! (Anyone know the laws about that sort of thing for the state of Florida?)

Trav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang PP
Thanks! I really am trying to lease a GT in NJ so any info would be great. Every dealer that I spoke with says its a no go.

Sponsored

Gen_Nick3.8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Camaro SS 1LE
Thanks! I really am trying to lease a GT in NJ so any info would be great. Every dealer that I spoke with says its a no go.
Look im going to tell you right now, Its not going to happen. My life went to shit after waiting 6 months to order just to be told they couldn't lease. I ended up buying a SS 1LE
FullSizeRender.jpg

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
^^^you wanted to lease a Mustang GT and couldn't, so you bought a 1LE? Why didn't you just buy the GT?

Illini79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
The reason most dealers do not want to talk about a GT lease is the current rate is 6.27% for 36 months at Ford Credit . The rate for an ecoboost or V6 is 2.25% for 36 months . These rates are easy to find on cars.com/incentives .

You might want to ask where they are getting the money ? Also, ask for the specifics on the $929.40 out of pocket since it is a zero down deal. You should only have to pay the first months payment , tax, and tag . X-plan doc fees are capped at $100 , and can be rolled into the lease if you choose .

Be sure to think about what you plan on doing with the car at the end of the lease, turn -in , buy , or sell ? 10.5 k a year is not many miles a year , unless you plan on the car being a garage queen . Most people love driving the GT , so those miles will go by quickly .

On any x-plan lease , Ford has a policy of requiring an addition $500 above and beyond the residual value , if you plan on purchasing the car at the end of the lease . This has been in effect since June 2014 , and not widely publicized .

The 2.99% rate for a Mustang GT is a great rate, and the 59% RV seems about right for the term .

Sponsored

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
Look im going to tell you right now, Its not going to happen. My life went to shit after waiting 6 months to order just to be told they couldn't lease. I ended up buying a SS 1LE
Now that makes NO sense at all. So why didn't you LEASE the 1LE, or BUY the GT?

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback

Gen_Nick3.8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Camaro SS 1LE
Roger that. I got confused as you said "bought a 1LE".

Car looks good. Nice color choice:cheers:
Thanks, I've been seeing more and more 15 mustangs. I just love them so much; They will always hold a special place in my heart

OP
OP

Stroked84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
The reason most dealers do not want to talk about a GT lease is the current rate is 6.27% for 36 months at Ford Credit . The rate for an ecoboost or V6 is 2.25% for 36 months . These rates are easy to find on cars.com/incentives .

You might want to ask where they are getting the money ? Also, ask for the specifics on the $929.40 out of pocket since it is a zero down deal. You should only have to pay the first months payment , tax, and tag . X-plan doc fees are capped at $100 , and can be rolled into the lease if you choose .

Be sure to think about what you plan on doing with the car at the end of the lease, turn -in , buy , or sell ? 10.5 k a year is not many miles a year , unless you plan on the car being a garage queen . Most people love driving the GT , so those miles will go by quickly .

On any x-plan lease , Ford has a policy of requiring an addition $500 above and beyond the residual value , if you plan on purchasing the car at the end of the lease . This has been in effect since June 2014 , and not widely publicized .

The 2.99% rate for a Mustang GT is a great rate, and the 59% RV seems about right for the term .
I asked the salesman today if it was a third party leasing company or if it was Ford Credit and he said it was Ford Credit.

I didn't ask him what the "due at signing" broke down into. After the first month and $75 document fee, there's $425 left over. I was assuming that was the FL & county tax, registration, and titling fees, but I don't know for sure. I can ask. This is the screenshot he sent me:

E450cL7.png

10,500 miles per year is more than enough for me. I plan on turning it in at lease end.
Sponsored