Sponsored

2015-2020 Mustang GT Cat Delete Pipes: First To Market and The Original Cat Deletes

El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT Triple Yellow
I've been running my cat deletes for well over a year and I am truly happy by their performance! I did however use OEM gaskets to seal up the exhaust pipe. I highly recommend that once you install the cat deletes, run the car up to normal temp and while running re torque all the bolts. I had a small annoying leak sound and I would also get the in cab smell before I re torque the bolts. You need to warm up the tubing for it to adjust properly. No issues after that.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Yea thanks guys bought the ford gasket $23 bucks but looks like a nice piece.Used rtv on the orginal install and that blew out a year later.Dont think rtv is good idea especially on boosted applications because of the extra egt's.Thats a very hot area even stock for even the best rtv's to hold up too.

Commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
For your listening pleasure.

MAK cat deletes with Solo Mach Thunder catback.

BTW, ford can suck it with that manifold/converter design. Even cut, the manifold to converter isn't even close to round. Assholes.

[ame]

[ame]

[ame]

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
For your listening pleasure.

MAK cat deletes with Solo Mach Thunder catback.

How big was the jump in volume. - I am about to order deletes to put with Mach IV. Hoping i don't have to change the exhaust, i definitely have to dump my cats.

Sponsored

Commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
How big was the jump in volume. - I am about to order deletes to put with Mach IV. Hoping i don't have to change the exhaust, i definitely have to dump my cats.
Really not that much. 25% louder. More at the top end.

With the XV it won't be as much.

choate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10 401A with Active Exhaust
Really not that much. 25% louder. More at the top end.

With the XV it won't be as much.
Seems like the 2011-2014 cars got a HUGE wake up when you removed them. My cats are literally like i bet almost a foot in diameter. EDIT ok now that I think about it, probably not a foot but I bet 8-10 inches. No way they'd fit up meshed in with the manifold. The only way to really make my style 5.0 loud with cats on is a roush muffler or no muffler at all. Every new 5.0 I see running around that has an after cat X is decently loud already

GreyBlur16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP Mustang GT
Got around to another video of the roush mufflers with the mak cat deletes. Had the ghost cam tune on for this one. Enjoy.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
Got around to another video of the roush mufflers with the mak cat deletes. Had the ghost cam tune on for this one. Enjoy.

sounds fantastic.

Sponsored

NavyChief122

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT

Dammmmmmmm that's loud. I was gonna go cat deletes. But that might be toooo loud. Still sick but wooooo

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
I'm looking to go 110% retard I don't care what other people thing it's my car and I make the payment :headbang:...I have 3in straight pipes with Xpipe and I hope these will help me wake the dead
Damn, you were asking about Solo. Assume you are street race version?

GreyBlur16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP Mustang GT
Dammmmmmmm that's loud. I was gonna go cat deletes. But that might be toooo loud. Still sick but wooooo
With you being supercharged I'd do it for the performance gains alone. It is loud though. Like ear piercing loud at wot if someone is behind you. H pipe with roush mufflers is loud no doubt but this could be considered stupid loud.

OP
OP
AdrianMAK

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY Mustang GT Premium
Roush Axle backs are one of the loudest combinations. Coyote's and no cats = loud. If you have loud mufflers to begin with hold onto tour ear drums.

Commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Roush Axle backs are one of the loudest combinations. Coyote's and no cats = loud. If you have loud mufflers to begin with hold onto tour ear drums.
No kidding.

Cold Start

My phone doesn't do it justice on how loud this is.

[ame]
Sponsored