Sponsored

2015-2020 Mustang GT Cat Delete Pipes: First To Market and The Original Cat Deletes

Bhoris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black S550 GTPP
I know there is a debate about loss of back pressure causing you to lose low end torque, but in my opinion i just moved my power band up. Man let me tell you after 4000 rpm she pulls like a mule.
I definitely noticed a big loss in low-end torque due to decreased back pressure when I installed my MAK cat deletes with my FRPP Sport Catback with X-Pipe. When I first drove the car after installing the cat deletes I honestly thought something was wrong with the car. It felt super sluggish. At the time I also had a JLT CAI and Lund FF tune. Also, my car was obnoxiously loud and raspy. I was in constant fear of getting pulled over. So, I decided to add a Borla Resonator and that really worked wonders. It quieted down the system just a bit but it still had that deep rumble from removing the cats. It also helped increase the back pressure and the car drove MUCH better. That's just my personal experience, though.

Are you saying your not sure if anyone is still running the cat deletes because it's too loud ? This is my daily and I currently have a Borla cat back and haven't pulled the trigger yet because of this ...
I have the FRPP Sport Catback with X-Pipe and I added the MAK Cat Deletes a while ago. If you look at my response to SoonerTim above in this same post, you can see the results I had. With that Catback set up and the addition of the MAK cat deletes, I personally lost a lot of low-end torque and the car was ridiculously loud and raspy. I simply added a Borla Resonator in place of the X-Pipe and the car sounds absolutely wicked now, not too loud to annoy but it sounds really, really good and it also increased the back-pressure which made the car drive much better.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Your car does not perform better with more back pressure. Please stop repeating this stupid myth.

Bhoris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black S550 GTPP
Your car does not perform better with more back pressure. Please stop repeating this stupid myth.
The maximum power and/or dyno numbers may not have changed much, if at all, but I can absolutely promise you it performed much better during real-world driving. When I installed the cat deletes (before I added the resonator) the car was noticeably sluggish, especially at lower RPM. So much so, in fact, that even my girlfriend commented that she thought the car was supposed to be faster rather than slower. Once I added the resonator, the problem was resolved and the car felt/drove like it should have. I don't know if the improved real-world performance was a direct result of increased back-pressure, that's just what I had assumed. Whatever the case was, the fact remains that adding the resonator definitely led to the car driving better in real-world conditions.

NavyChief122

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Get your car tuned for no cats and you will tell the difference. People think it's ok to remove cats with no tune.

Bhoris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black S550 GTPP
Get your car tuned for no cats and you will tell the difference. People think it's ok to remove cats with no tune.
My car is tuned by Lund. I had a revision done for the removal of the cats when I added the cat delete pipes.

Sponsored

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
I already had lund FF tune and they told me no revision needed. The O2's already turned off, and the computer will compensate for small extra exhaust flow.

NavyChief122

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
There's no small addition when you remove the cats . There are plenty of people that got the cats removed with MAK and gain 10 to 20 hp NA or 30 to 40 with a force induction you need a revision Or data log it and resend it.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Hey Adrian,i sent messages to your online site twice with no responce so i figured i try here.Do u guys sell the gaskets separately for the cat deletes.Mine has blown out on my drivers side and its messing up my a/f.I have to fix this,im procharged and dont like driving my car like this,very rich.Hopefully their is better gasket for these now.

OP
OP
AdrianMAK

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY Mustang GT Premium
Hey Adrian,i sent messages to your online site twice with no responce so i figured i try here.Do u guys sell the gaskets separately for the cat deletes.Mine has blown out on my drivers side and its messing up my a/f.I have to fix this,im procharged and dont like driving my car like this,very rich.Hopefully their is better gasket for these now.
We don't provide gaskets with the Cat Deletes we provide high temp silicone or recommend you get the OEM gasket from the passenger side. We originally provided gaskets for a short while but found better luck using silicone. The OEM Passenger side gasket is great but it is pricey.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
$25 for the OEM gasket, but it is an extremely high quality gasket, and will not blow out.

Sponsored

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
i don't. just call a dealership and ask for the passenger side collector gasket. easy to lookup. it's the same as gt350 as well. like 5-6 digits if i remember correct.

5.0_Tyler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
HELP

Has anyone experienced exhaust smell in cabin when heat is on? I have MAK cat deletes and MBRP race and when it's really cold out I smell the exhaust in cabin at a red light when the heat is blowing. HELP
Also took to a muffler shop and they said they can't find any leaks.

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
Has anyone experienced exhaust smell in cabin when heat is on? I have MAK cat deletes and MBRP race and when it's really cold out I smell the exhaust in cabin at a red light when the heat is blowing. HELP
When you have the A/C or Heat on make sure you turn off the outside air intake ...In other words turn it to recirculate inside air ..:thumbsup:

OP
OP
AdrianMAK

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY Mustang GT Premium
Definately put the AC on recirculate, what did you use as a gasket on the driverside pipe? Its possible that it may be leaking on the top side of the flange.That would blow the fumes straight into the car.
Sponsored