Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Haha, I didn't notice that. WTF are those things?!?!

Edit: Here ya go...

http://jalopnik.com/5270674/george-barris-mustangs-tacky-as-sonny-and-cher-inspiration

The fake cooling vents on the hood, which look like baking pans with cooling racks, are harrable.
Gezus Rice!
I never liked anything George Barris did. Including the bat mobile.

That shag carpet is what Alcantara is today. Sorry guys but it's true.
Damn that shit is ugly as hell.
Sonny baby how would you like your hash browns? Tender or crispy? I'm coming them on the hood now.
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I just talked to a lawyer who is researching a class action or other action against Ford for the cooler fiasco. She is consulting with a second firm next week and should have more to report after March 3. I can provide her contact information if anyone is interested. I'm not sure I'm going this way or not but I do feel Ford has not done much if anything resolve this issue on the most track capable Mustang ever.
I hate to say it, a class action suit usually only benefits the attorneys. The class will wind up with a small payout that will just be divided up.

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
I hate to say it, a class action suit usually only benefits the attorneys. The class will wind up with a small payout that will just be divided up.
+1 100%.

This is why i hate this bullshit... each person will get there 250$ meanwhile the law firm will take their 30% or whatever egregious commission it is and walk away with hundreds of thousands or millions. Ambulance chasers.

Essex Wire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350 Tech Pkg
right, wrong, indifferent over on some of the other sites their is a Law Firm advertising litigation.

http://www.grossmanroth.com/team/rachel-wagner-furst/

Don't know them, have not contacted them, just putting it here for anyone that still gives a shit about the 2016 Limp Mode in daily driving issues. I have decided to work with Voodoo and install coolers and other upgrades. It is however my last Ford.
Personally, I am thankful to people who post incredibly helpful information here, whether it's regarding the cooler solutions/installs or "real" information relating to lawyers and possible steps we Base and Tech chumps (who didn't realize Track vs. Tech meant "Track or No Track") can take to address what we view as a significant problem.

So, just for further informational purposes, I emailed the lawyer mentioned above, Rachel Wagner Furst, yesterday evening her time, briefly laying out the problem and telling her how I got her name and I'd be interested in talking to her. So far, I have not received any response. Who knows? My essage may have got trapped in her spam filter, so take it for whatever you will.

Sponsored

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Personally, I am thankful to people who post incredibly helpful information here, whether it's regarding the cooler solutions/installs or "real" information relating to lawyers and possible steps we Base and Tech chumps (who didn't realize Track vs. Tech meant "Track or No Track") can take to address what we view as a significant problem.

So, just for further informational purposes, I emailed the lawyer mentioned above, Rachel Wagner Furst, yesterday evening her time, briefly laying out the problem and telling her how I got her name and I'd be interested in talking to her. So far, I have not received any response. Who knows? My essage may have got trapped in her spam filter, so take it for whatever you will.
I'd be surprised if you get a response, for class action most law firms don't do any of the leg work themselves, class action is all about volume, they will sub out all the work of individuals contact and situations to another company (like the ones you see advertising on TV for Mesothelioma), once they collect your information you agree to the terms which is basically that they get a large % of the settlement and you get 1/(however many people they sign on) share at time of settlement. You will never hear anything else from them and one day in the mail a really small check will show up.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
I think ford should offer a transmission buy back to customers wanting to install the pump equipped trans. Say for example sell the track/R trans at a low discount price and use the tech base trans as a core.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
I'd be surprised if you get a response, for class action most law firms don't do any of the leg work themselves, class action is all about volume, they will sub out all the work of individuals contact and situations to another company (like the ones you see advertising on TV for Mesothelioma), once they collect your information you agree to the terms which is basically that they get a large % of the settlement and you get 1/(however many people they sign on) share at time of settlement. You will never hear anything else from them and one day in the mail a really small check will show up.
Maybe Jeffery Fieger or Sam Bernstein lol

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe Jeffery Fieger or Sam Bernstein lol
You might have many questions, how did i get this transmission? what are my treatment options?

Call today operators are standing by

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
You might have many questions, how did i get this transmission? what are my treatment options?

Call today operators are standing by
Haaaaaa haaaaaaa.

I didn't know this until I seen the movie, but Jeffery Fieger was Dr kevorkians lawyer. Dr death lol

Diana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT 350
If we step aside one moment from the issue of picking the tech package for track and look at non track driving we learn a lot of new things. First and foremost even if you don't track the car you undoubtedly drive it in a spirited fashion. Therefore the transmission and differential are going to heat up. Even if you miss limp mode the transmission temp will be high enough to prematurely degrade the lubricants in both components and if not changed frequently will result in premature failure. So you are almost required to install the coolers just to protect these items or be in for costly repairs, sure they might be covered under warranty but after warranty expires then what? These are items that aren't cheap and can fail again unless properly cooled. That's why all 2017 models have them, it's not just the track issue. Clearly this line of thinking should have resulted in a recall.

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
Well maybe cause I have a 2016 that came with tech. pkg. But even if what you call spirited driving I doubt that if your not out on a track running it often till it goes into limp mode that the transmission temperature is going to get so high that it degrades the lubricants. I'm sure even without having the track pack to run it on the track that Ford still didn't expect every one to drive these cars like a granny car. And (a little off subject) I'm ever driving mine at maximum highway speeds or so called spirited driving and no matter how hot it is outside, if mine ever goes into limp mode due to transmission temperature me and Ford will definitely be talking a lawsuit. Cause there is absolutely nothing in the owners manual stating that no matter how hot outside that those with the tech. pkg. can go into limp mode due to outside temperature to hot or spirited driving and under normal highway speeds (whether speed limit is 75 or higher) Only if tracking vehicle should there ever be a problem since we do not have the track pack.

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
If we step aside one moment from the issue of picking the tech package for track and look at non track driving we learn a lot of new things. First and foremost even if you don't track the car you undoubtedly drive it in a spirited fashion. Therefore the transmission and differential are going to heat up. Even if you miss limp mode the transmission temp will be high enough to prematurely degrade the lubricants in both components and if not changed frequently will result in premature failure. So you are almost required to install the coolers just to protect these items or be in for costly repairs, sure they might be covered under warranty but after warranty expires then what? These are items that aren't cheap and can fail again unless properly cooled. That's why all 2017 models have them, it's not just the track issue. Clearly this line of thinking should have resulted in a recall.
What is your point now? We all know this. You fail to offer any help or solutions with your post(s).

Perhaps I have missed it, but, what is your purpose for being on this forum? (Sincere question - not sarcasm).

Are you an enthusiast? Do you own a GT350 Tech Pack? Have you pursued any remedies?

Diana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT 350
Yes I own a 2016 tech pack
This is my first Ford
As far as transmission damage is concerned, you don't need to go in limp mode, 20 degrees outside of normal temp for transmission and fluid looses 50 percent of its life span and efficiency. Those who have the ability to monitor temp are seeing them at well over this range, more into I believe 40 degrees.
My dealer wasn't giving me a price similar to WBL for the transmission and cooler, trying to negotiate.
So my point is this isn't a track issue and anyone beating up Ford over this will get more traction from this angle than the track issue, maybe.
Sponsored