Sponsored

2015-2016 Shelby GT350/GT350R Mustang Orders Placed (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2015+ Shelby GT350/R Mustang did you order

• Total voters

GT350R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 GT500
Thanks ^^ it's a 2016 avalanche gray no stripes track pack. They assured me that I should get delivery the first week of September. Fingers crossed.
All out avalanche, Your build will sure be one of a kind! Can't wait to see some picks! Still haven't got no delivery date nor VIN, still in the waiting game.
Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Are you getting the black roof on your R? Have to say avalanche with black stripes and roof would look pretty good!
No... I went with the black stripes OTT. Wanted to keep the red pinstripe throughout.

What did you order?

mustang_lurkers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT 350 Tech Package
I ordered an Avalanche Grey GT350 with the black roof and black stripes. I ordered it with the Tech Package. I still haven't seen an example of one in pictures except for a photoshop. I gambled because I have never seen it in person. I was going to get magnetic and I have seen the color in person and really liked it but I took the chance on the Avalanche. I have no idea when the car will be built or delivered. I have a DORA but it still doesn't show up in COTUS.

GT350R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 GT500
No... I went with the black stripes OTT. Wanted to keep the red pinstripe throughout.

What did you order?
I agree that OTT stripes would look better on a R with a non black roof, just was wondering if anyone here went the other route. 920A, Electronics pack, White W/ Blue Stripes, NON Black roof.

Last edited:

GT350R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 GT500
I ordered an Avalanche Grey GT350 with the black roof and black stripes. I ordered it with the Tech Package. I still haven't seen an example of one in pictures except for a photoshop. I gambled because I have never seen it in person. I was going to get magnetic and I have seen the color in person and really liked it but I took the chance on the Avalanche. I have no idea when the car will be built or delivered. I have a DORA but it still doesn't show up in COTUS.
Well I really don't think you'll be disappointed. I think that'd be an excellent color choice! I'm on the same page as you with the Dora and so on.

Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree that OTT stripes would look better on a R with a non black roof, just was wondering if anyone here went the other route. 920A, Electronics pack, White W/ Blue Stripes, NON Black roof.
Nice package man. I'm thinking I'm gonna absolutely be thrilled with this car.

turbo_fox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Coupe
Its all "relative" and I do not think anyone is worried...except for the fact of not know if their order is "good" I believe once that question is answered the relaxing can settle in. I frankly can not wait to tract my cars build process, not worried about it, but as mention above its fun to watch.:shrug:
That was my only concern. I just wanted confirmation of an order, after that I'm fine with waiting. I was initially told first quarter, which I didn't mind, other than arranging transportation to get it home (>5 mi) I just don't want to drive it if there's salt down. Other than that I could care less, the later the better. More time to save $.

TexanZSG21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
Just put a deposit down for a 2016 in avalanche gray with the tech package! Super excited to be a part of this!

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
I have a DORA but it still doesn't show up in COTUS.
Congrats on the AG. Unfortunately, your car won't show up on COTUS until the regional manager for your dealer's area issues the VIN; it could be next week or several months from now, depending on scheduling at the Flat Rock plant. Also, the partial VIN on your Dora means nothing. It's just a placeholder on the paperwork until the real VIN is generated. A lot of us are in the same situation. :(

u8mylunch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Corvette, 2003 Audi A6, 1984 Ford F150
You didn't think by adding the black roof it would tie in with all the other black pieces on the car.

Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black, black stripe 67s. Wanted a white car but after I saw the black one at Carlisle it thru me in to the darkside! :faint:
Dude I can't stop looking at that combo of Darth Vader n the Black R. That is so cool.

Teddy Dal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Explorer Sp, 2016 GT350R (DIB, black roof)
New to the forums, and excited to be here! I will be putting a deposit on a GT 350 in the next couple of days. I am seriously considering taking the leap to the R with electronics package. The local dealers are working on about a $25 000 premium over MSRP, which burns me. I plan on driving and enjoying the vehicle, but also want to make a smart investment. What are your thoughts on the potential future upside in value of the standard vs R ? Even with the price difference, would the R become the much better investment?
Thanks for the input!

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
New to the forums, and excited to be here! I will be putting a deposit on a GT 350 in the next couple of days. I am seriously considering taking the leap to the R with electronics package. The local dealers are working on about a $25 000 premium over MSRP, which burns me. I plan on driving and enjoying the vehicle, but also want to make a smart investment. What are your thoughts on the potential future upside in value of the standard vs R ? Even with the price difference, would the R become the much better investment?
Thanks for the input!
Neither one is a good investment unless you plan on keeping the car 30 years. Even then there is no guarantee it will be a valuable collectors item. It's going to be a deprecating asset just like any car. ADM just makes the situation worse.

Teddy Dal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Explorer Sp, 2016 GT350R (DIB, black roof)
Oh and I am looking at the avalanche or magnetic grey with black stripes and black painted roof..hard to argue with magnetic though..

image.jpg
Sponsored