Sponsored

2015-2016 Shelby GT350/GT350R Mustang Orders Placed (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2015+ Shelby GT350/R Mustang did you order

• Total voters

morjo02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby
has anyone received a DORA for their order for the 2016 GT350A - 920A Package? if yes, how long did it take from the time the dealership submitted the order to the time Ford Motor Company acknowledge and accept the order and provide a DORA or VOC? I found a dealership with a GT350R allocation, I signed the order contract, provide a large deposit and they submitted the order on 9/3 and still waiting for to receive the DORA or VOC documet
Sponsored

morjo02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby
has anyone received a DORA for their order for the 2016 GT350A - 920A Package? if yes, how long did it take from the time the dealership submitted the order to the time Ford Motor Company acknowledge and accept the order and provide a DORA or VOC? I found a dealership with a GT350R allocation, I signed the order contract, provide a large deposit and they submitted the order on 9/3 and still waiting for to receive the DORA or VOC documet

morjo02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby
The dealer sent me the VOC today.... Now waiting for Ford to send back the DORA.... What's the typical turn around ??????

South40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Lincoln, 2013 Ford Raptor
You beat me. Mine was ordered 6/12, DORA week later, and same situation as yours. Planning on checking with dealer on Friday, will ask if their first car is same as they got two and mine is second, and also ask what the regional rep says. My guess is low priority area or mine is slow because it is the second altho was priority 12 when ordered which I guess doesn't mean a lot per thread responses. BTW have been informed it's locked in and originally when ordered was told likely a November delivery altho with recent push back on builds could easily be later I guess.
I received a call from my dealer today. He said his rep told him my car came up to be built sometime in October. No VIN or exact build date yet, but should receive VIN in the next couple of weeks. My dealer is a small dealer and my car is their only allocation. Hopefully you get some good news soon.

OP
OP
bullittman

bullittman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350 chassis 0387
The dealer sent me the VOC today.... Now waiting for Ford to send back the DORA.... What's the typical turn around ??????
Dora should be available in 24 hours or so from your dealer.Your wait to be allocated can be weeks to months. Good luck with your purchase. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I received a call from my dealer today. He said his rep told him my car came up to be built sometime in October. No VIN or exact build date yet, but should receive VIN in the next couple of weeks. My dealer is a small dealer and my car is their only allocation. Hopefully you get some good news soon.
Congratulations! Since my order was a few weeks after yours I suspect I'll be hearing same in next few weeks, especially as the report is they'll start building the 2016s in two weeks.

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
I suspect we will be seeing a lot of cars in October/November. I'm not even bothering my dealer anymore, when it gets here it gets here

BADASS03SVT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra
Got a VIN. Dealer says Oct 19-28! Non R Tech Pack

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Ok so....talked to a dealer who made sense. You guys might already know this exact thing but I wasn't clear on it so I'm going to post what I understand now - no flaming please!

1 - region rep emails, mails, calls, talks to...somehow conveys to the dealer that their allocation is X 350s and x 350Rs (if any). This doesn't mean that their good to go and put the orders in - it's just a heads up for what they are getting.
2 - Dealer can put an order in the order bank and it will sit there. They can put 20 orders in and it just sits there.
3 - the regional rep will call the dealer when it's time to let the orders through and ask them which order number (from the above order bank) they can assign to each specific allocation.

This is unnerving because in this case, the dealer can assign any order number to any allocation once the rep calls. I believe this is why people don't have DORAs - because the rep hasn't called to say they can be assigned yet.

Sponsored

ohtobbad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Ok so....talked to a dealer who made sense. You guys might already know this exact thing but I wasn't clear on it so I'm going to post what I understand now - no flaming please!

1 - region rep emails, mails, calls, talks to...somehow conveys to the dealer that their allocation is X 350s and x 350Rs (if any). This doesn't mean that their good to go and put the orders in - it's just a heads up for what they are getting.
2 - Dealer can put an order in the order bank and it will sit there. They can put 20 orders in and it just sits there.
3 - the regional rep will call the dealer when it's time to let the orders through and ask them which order number (from the above order bank) they can assign to each specific allocation.

This is unnerving because in this case, the dealer can assign any order number to any allocation once the rep calls. I believe this is why people don't have DORAs - because the rep hasn't called to say they can be assigned yet.
The dealer should know their allocation at this point.
From that, they can sell what they have. Of course they can ask for more, sell more etc. but not a class move. The regional rep, will let him know if and when he can or will receive any additional allocations.

My dealer has allocations, they ask regional rep, weekly for more R's.
to this point have not been given any more. But they always ask.
Dealer knows what he can sell and orders they will get at this point in the game.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
The dealer should know their allocation at this point.
From that, they can sell what they have. Of course they can ask for more, sell more etc. but not a class move. The regional rep, will let him know if and when he can or will receive any additional allocations.

My dealer has allocations, they ask regional rep, weekly for more R's.
to this point have not been given any more. But they always ask.
Dealer knows what he can sell and orders they will get at this point in the game.
Right but nothing get's "assigned" until the regional reps do it, right?

disneyfun1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Prem Calif Special, 2021 Mustang Mach-E
Went to my dealer today and got the part number for the interior light kit. they said they can get it in stock in 7-10 days, so once it ships, they area going to order the kit in for me.

also, they were able to add the car cover to the order as well, which should have initially been on the order but was not.

I asked about the wheel locks and he said we can take them from my 2015 and just switch them out, save a few bucks.

Still showing same dates, Oct 12 build date, and oct 30-nov 11 eta as of now.

Readfast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
17 F350 King Ranch, 17 Focus RS
Bahaha color change successful.

Good deal! I figured if I got away with it, you should be able to do it too.:cheers:

I don't remember, what color did you have and what did you change to?