2015-17 Mustang GT Ford Performance Power Packs

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
This is what people have been waiting for??? It seems like there are much better options at better price points already.
Sponsored

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
This is what people have been waiting for??? It seems like there are much better options at better price points already.
I do agree. the 21hp or whatever it likely at the crank not even the wheels like the other CAIs are measured (on a dyno).

If you can get 17 whell hp from PMAS or Steeda CAI with no tune for $400 I cannot see buying this for $800 and then $200-300 for install.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
I do agree. the 21hp or whatever it likely at the crank not even the wheels like the other CAIs are measured (on a dyno).

If you can get 17 whell hp from PMAS or Steeda CAI with no tune for $400 I cannot see buying this for $800 and then $200-300 for install.
I kinda agree.Some people already have intakes which do not require a tune. Coupling those intakes with only power pack 1 might actually get you better gains than power pack 2 alone.

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
Yeah, power pack 1 and PMAS sounds very interesting. This could end up being quite a useful combo. Interested to see if anyone who has the no tune PMAS gets PP1 and give us their thoughts

King_V

2015 Mustang GT Owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais, 1987 Ford LTD Crown Victoria LX, 2015 Ford Mustang GT, 2016 Toyota Prius Two Eco
  • Premium fuel, 91 octane or higher, is required
M-9603-M8 - Power Pack 1 (ETA: Aug 1, 2016)

• Includes high flow K&N air filter
  • 13 hp and 16 lbs/ft peak gains over stock
  • 40lbs/ft gain at 1500rpm
This.... I'd always figured if I wanted any sorts of gains, I'd want low-RPM, cruising-speed increases in torque (preferably if better or at least unchanged fuel economy is part of the deal)

But is this number accurate?

I don't suppose they have torque vs RPM graphs of stock vs each power pack stage for comparison anywhere? I'd really like to see how each one does over the engine's entire RPM range.

Last edited:

Sponsored

hulk_smash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Too much speculation on this forum. Have patience everyone, it's not even out yet. I'm sure data will be quickly available as soon as its released.

I just wanted to get some frustration off of my chest. This forum reminds me of s2ki.com and m3forum.net (present). LOL. Why is it that every other thread on this forum is about $$$? Here is a better idea. Don't mod a car if you can't afford to do it right. :headbonk:

Vendors cannot release products without fear of backlash from this forum.

Typically speaking, you get what you pay for. For OEM or OEM+ type products, you're paying for the fitment and of course quality. If you can't afford it, get over it. Don't flame on something because its out of your price range. Flame on it because its an awful product.

Things that are "expensive" are expensive relative to your income and of course your values. But if you had higher income, you wouldn't be complaining as often about how expensive everything is. Just my two cents.

Sorry to rant on. :)

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
You're paying for a product that has been tested and validated over thousands of miles. You're paying for it still being emissions compliant (if you care about that). You're paying for something that doesn't void your powertrain warranty.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
The issue is the dealer install cost not the product cost. The product cost is reasonable $750 or whatever Stage 2 will end up being for a tune/CAI/throttle body; the dealer install cost is ridiculous for the basics of the install required.

This is exactly like the dealer saying your warranty is void if you change your own oil. Or changing your tire. As long as it was done right it should not affect the warranty regardless of who performed the work. Exactly what federal law is supposed to prevent.

As long as the dummy process of plugging the tuner and hitting the button is done right it should not required dealer install. Or a few bolts to attach the CAI.

If done wrong the dealer should be allowed to not cover it, but if done right (which is hard not to do right) it should be covered under self installed. Or just allow you to bring it to the dealer for inspection and approval of the install (get a certificate or some sticker) and set a flat $20-30 or some nominal fee FRRP negotiates with dealers who do FRRP installs to do the lookover for the 20 min it would take.

Not paying $200-250-300, almost half the cost of the part, for some clown to tights a few bolts and hit a button on a tuner that takes any normal person 30 min to do on top of $750 all to get 21hp.

Id much faster buy a Steeda or PMAS CAI for $400 that has 17hp at the WHEELS (the 21 is probably measured at crank at that which is basically the same at a CAI at the wheels). Still have your warranty- pop off the CAI at the throttle body bolts re-bolt on your OEM and take it in. No one will ever know the difference and saved you $600.

And just to point out, 40hp at 1500 RPM is all good and dandy, but how often are you at 1500RM trying to use more power than your car came stock? Obviously between 1500 and whatever the peak ratings are at on thus tune it drops off quickly from 40 to 21 (whatever the torque number was). That's like saying you need more power to cruise in bumper to bumper traffic and marketing ploy just to get that big looking 40 number there on paper.

Last edited:

SK GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT(sold), 17 1LE
Have we seen outside dynos of a non-tuned PMAS CAI?

Stopped following that thread.

Sponsored

Derek@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT 300A w/ Brembo's
Have we seen outside dynos of a non-tuned PMAS CAI?

Stopped following that thread.
Yes, member dev1360 showed I believe 16 rwhp gain, can't remember the torque, with the no tune PMAS.

Derek@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT 300A w/ Brembo's
Also want to let you guys know that we have PP1 and PP2 stocking orders placed so we'll have them in stock once Ford Performance releases them. PP1 will be here first for sure. Give us a shout for the best pricing on these kits.

Thanks

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
And just to point out, 40hp at 1500 RPM is all good and dandy, but how often are you at 1500RM trying to use more power than your car came stock? Obviously between 1500 and whatever the peak ratings are at on thus tune it drops off quickly from 40 to 21 (whatever the torque number was). That's like saying you need more power to cruise in bumper to bumper traffic and marketing ploy just to get that big looking 40 number there on paper.
Wholeheartedly agree. And its 40 ft/lbs btw, not hp. But its the same silly logic about PD blowers and the "low end" power boost. Ok let me mash the gas from an idle in a gear way too low to show off my blower. If you want WOT max power the first thing you do in a manual car is downshift, or an auto car downshifts and/or flashes the converter.

I was possibly interested until I saw the stg 3 pricing, and having to be installed by a dealer. $2,500 for nominal gains really. I get it for those afraid of warranty claims and all, but dang.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Wholeheartedly agree. And its 40 ft/lbs btw, not hp. But its the same silly logic about PD blowers and the "low end" power boost. Ok let me mash the gas from an idle in a gear way too low to show off my blower. If you want WOT max power the first thing you do in a manual car is downshift, or an auto car downshifts and/or flashes the converter.

I was possibly interested until I saw the stg 3 pricing, and having to be installed by a dealer. $2,500 for nominal gains really. I get it for those afraid of warranty claims and all, but dang.
sorry ft lbs I meant.

It's silly logic, they put 40 there because it looks like a big number in advertising but means nothing at 1500 RPM as it drops as it revs up not increases from 40.

The pricing of the packs is actually pretty good. If the Stage 2 hits about $800 that's pretty average for a CAI and tune; plus you get the throttle body.

Stage 3 actually isn't a bad deal either at $1900. The 350 IM is $1000-1100+ anywhere by itself. Plus the tune, TB and CAI.

It's the install that kills it. And I bet that Stage 3 install is $500+ at a dealer if not more because of the IM.

Yes, member dev1360 showed I believe 16 rwhp gain, can't remember the torque, with the no tune PMAS.
This route is looking much better personally. Save $600 from Stage 2 (figure $750-800 and a good $200-250 install) and get nearly the same hp (again, if Ford's numbers are at the crank which they likely are).

GTtreefiddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Where does it say that if this isn't installed by a dealer your warranty is void? Is it the product warranty or the vehicle warranty?
Sponsored