@dib_5.0
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacques
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Deep Impact Blue
Vehicle Showcase
So apparently FP is getting stingy with this revised tune. I spoke with Steve and according to him "I just gave it to one guy to try" :headbonk: and when I asked when the tune would be released he stated that he's not sure if FP will release it to the masses. I told him I have the same issues (rev hang and aggressive engine braking) to which he again reiterated that on this tune the revhang is normal. Well if they don't release this revised tune by the end of the month I will be insisting on a revised tune seeing as it does seem to fix most of these "issues", according to you guys with the revised calibration. Kinda peeved right now.:paddle:

B0SS603

@dib_5.0
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacques
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Jim Bronson

Red One
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Coupe Six Speed
So apparently FP is getting stingy with this revised tune. I spoke with Steve and according to him "I just gave it to one guy to try" :headbonk: and when I asked when the tune would be released he stated that he's not sure if FP will release it to the masses. I told him I have the same issues (rev hang and aggressive engine braking) to which he again reiterated that on this tune the revhang is normal. Well if they don't release this revised tune by the end of the month I will be insisting on a revised tune seeing as it does seem to fix most of these "issues", according to you guys with the revised calibration. Kinda peeved right now.:paddle:
Clearly he's mistaken about the number of people with the new calibration. I understand FP wanting to delay a general release in case there are any hidden problems that aren't immediately obvious to us beta testers, but refusing to release it once the beta test is successfully completed doesn't make sense. The only reason I can think of is the possibility that the new calibration will require a new EO.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Looks good 2morrow. That's 3/8 fuel line you're using? I need some more hosing to be able to do this on my car as well.
Yessir and thank you!

B0SS603

@dib_5.0
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacques
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Clearly he's mistaken about the number of people with the new calibration. I understand FP wanting to delay a general release in case there are any hidden problems that aren't immediately obvious to us beta testers, but refusing to release it once the beta test is successfully completed doesn't make sense. The only reason I can think of is the possibility that the new calibration will require a new EO.
Oh I know he's mistaken on the number of people who have the new tune but since I'm at work I didn't see the need to argue that fact. I can understand it being in testing and therefor not being widely distributed to every Tom, Dick, and Harry who calls requesting one but the fact that he said he doesn't know if it would be release is a bit concerning to me. Especially since it seems to be running smoothly.

Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Oh I know he's mistaken on the number of people who have the new tune but since I'm at work I didn't see the need to argue that fact. I can understand it being in testing and therefor not being widely distributed to every Tom, Dick, and Harry who calls requesting one but the fact that he said he doesn't know if it would be release is a bit concerning to me. Especially since it seems to be running smoothly.
I had to call multiple times. I got the same guy(Ray) every time. I kept on saying terms like "last time I called" And "other customers have had the same issue" etc.

B0SS603

@dib_5.0
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacques
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I had to call multiple times. I got the same guy(Ray) every time. I kept on saying terms like "last time I called" And "other customers have had the same issue" etc.
Honestly I'm not in a major rush to get this re-calibration but I thought it worth the shot to see if I could get my hands on it. Like I said tho, I will more than likely start getting more aggressive about getting it into next month, especially if you guys who have been running it still continue to not have any issues.

daustin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Dammit. I was in the mood for an impulse buy this morning, so I went on lmr.com and saw they had the PP2 in stock per the website. I called them to make sure and they said they had seven of them. I then called my dealership to see what they would charge me to install it.

Got the info from the dealership ($280-sounds fair) and not even 15 minutes from when I called, I went to order the kit, and it was now out of stock.

Called LMR again to see if the website was correct and they said they sold the seven they had in the 15 minutes it took me to get a hold of the service advisor-unless they were incorrect when I called them the first time.

Looks like I will be waiting as I can't find it anywhere.

On another note-how do the guys with auto's like the PP2 tune? I've read a lot of the 200 pages in this thread, but didn't see too much with regard to the auto.

Last edited:

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Dammit. I was in the mood for an impulse buy this morning, so I went on lmr.com and saw they had the PP2 in stock per the website. I called them to make sure and they said they had seven of them. I then called my dealership to see what they would charge me to install it.

Got the info from the dealership ($280-sounds fair) and not even 15 minutes from when I called, I went to order the kit, and it was now out of stock.

Called LMR again to see if the website was correct and they said they sold the seven they had in the 15 minutes it took me to get a hold of the service advisor-unless they were incorrect when I called them the first time.

Looks like I will be waiting as I can't find it anywhere.

On another note-how to the guys with auto's like the PP2 tune? I've read a lot of the 200 pages in this thread, but didn't see too much with regard to the auto.
Perfect opportunity to get a Lund Flex Fuel tune instead!

daustin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Perfect opportunity to get a Lund Flex Fuel tune instead!
True. I told myself when I bought this car that I wasn't going to tune it. I tuned my two other coyotes (Steeda on 2012 auto and AED on 2014 6m), but got a little gun shy after my 2014 developed the BBQ ignitor tick pretty bad while tuned. Although we all know the tune had absolutely nothing to do with the tick, the service advisor said it could cause issues should the engine need to be replaced. I returned it to stock before having it looked at, but was truthful when they asked if it had been tuned. After the engineer from Detroit looked at it, they said "no abnormal noises found." Whatever. The AED tune was amazing though. Completely transformed the car. The peace of mind with the warranty is also nice though; especially because mine is a daily.

As for the flex fuel, the problem with that is I can probably count on one hand the number of stations here in Vegas that carry E85, at least the stations I know of and none are anywhere near my house. So I don't know if I'd get the most out of it as I probably wouldn't drive so far out of my way to fill with E85.

Maybe I'll get a custom tune (probably AED again) after my first oil change provided I don't get the tick again. My 2012 never got it the tick.

I've also been contemplating the Edelbrock supercharger kit as their complete kits come with a 3/36 powertrain warranty.

I could get the FRPP PP3 sooner than I could get the PP2 (next week according to CJPP), but we're still talking $2k for the kit and $840 for dealer install..........And I haven't read too much feedback with that kit on an auto. The installation price seems high but I don't know what others have been paying or the install. $500 more seems a bit much for just the intake manifold. It's so stupid that a dealer (or ASE mechanic) needs to install it for warranty purposes.
Sponsored