Sponsored

2014.5 and 2015 Mustang Production Schedule Details

Retrostang

Retrostang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Platinum
There is no show too small for a 2014.5 built on the S197 platform IMO.

I still can't understand why they would do this.
Most likely , the S550 is simply not ready for production and they need something to get through close to another year before you can actually take one home.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Most likely , the S550 is simply not ready for production and they need something to get through close to another year before you can actually take one home.
Not ready for production? They are testing brakes brother... One of the last components tested after the GVWR is established. So curb weight is already known at this point... That means they have pretty much a working model...

FStephenMasek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland V8 '02 M-B c230K
Indeed the LA Show is the big one. Is anyone else going? The very best time to go is the day and hour they open the gates. The place is almost empty, so you have plenty of time with the vehicles, and you might even talk with some factory people, not just the models. I've never been to the Detroit show, but some factory people at the LA show said Detroit is horrible, with vandals ripping parts out of the cars on display!

Sponsored

OP
OP

KZStang

Oh, come on. Rumors about the 2014.5 surfaced almost a year ago which means plans were in place well before then. Even if Ford were behind schedule in the planning and testing of the S550 at that time, you really think they would have known that far in advance? And that they would have so easily conceded the stop-gap measure of rolling out 2014.5s (assuming this wasn't always the plan) because the S550 was "not ready"? You are underestimating how much this means to them.

Also I think Ford deserves more credit than this. Sure, they have had some launch issues in the past but to think this is not part of a greater plan conceived years ago suggests real incompetence on their part, which I refuse to believe.

Now I'll just say, I have been hearing that Ford has deliberately thrown misinformation out there (via news outlets) regarding the 2015 Mustang, which they are treating like a state secret. Normally I do not buy this, but this is one of the instances in which I can see the real benefit of misinformation. Ford sells more 2014s, the 2014.5 does not get overlooked (which it may if people are expecting the 2015 shortly thereafter) and the 2015 can get a surprise debut earlier than many (now) expect.

OP
OP

K.Lysius

Indeed the LA Show is the big one. Is anyone else going? The very best time to go is the day and hour they open the gates. The place is almost empty, so you have plenty of time with the vehicles, and you might even talk with some factory people, not just the models. I've never been to the Detroit show, but some factory people at the LA show said Detroit is horrible, with vandals ripping parts out of the cars on display!
Yea I'll be there. You? I always try to go the first day it opens too - early AM. It's not swarming yet like you said. All the shows have to put up with savages who rip out shift knobs etc. That's why you see a lot of the shift knobs already removed and gas caps taped down etc. by the time the show has just started.

Whichever show the s550 debuts at, the M6G members from that area should get together for a meet to catch the car together for the first time. Wish that could be here in LA but Nov is too early for the debut :(

FStephenMasek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland V8 '02 M-B c230K
The LA Show opens on Friday, Nov. 22 at 11:00am, and that is when I'll be there.

I've heard about radios being ripped out at the Detroit show!

OP
OP

Calypso

Let me just say these rumors are not doing Ford any favors. I am a good example of this. I had been somewhat seriously considering 13-14's until I heard rumors about the 14.5. I didnt want to buy the 14 and find out later that I got shafted because they offered basically the same car I bought with a package upgrade that I was never offered.

Now I figured I will wait to see what the 14.5 is all about and if the non-wealthy can get their hands on one. If not I will probably just wait the extra few months to see what the 15 has to offer.

I know the rumors arent in Ford's control and they dont comment on these things but I wonder how many others were in the same boat as me.

Retrostang

Retrostang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Platinum
Not ready for production? They are testing brakes brother... One of the last components tested after the GVWR is established. So curb weight is already known at this point... That means they have pretty much a working model...
If it's ready, why are they pushing the release to next summer? That will be one heck of a long model year.

Sponsored

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 4x4 Lariat 3.5 Ecoboost
For real though it is the 50th anniversary. All bets are off and ford knows mustang is the bees knees when it comes to when people think about ford. If this release isn't amazing I would be floored. Seriously. We are not looking for a halo car, but weight reduction plus a slight increase in horsepower plus a cbirs, yeah it is gonna turn heads. Period. 50th anniversary. Period.

Edit: yeah you can tell me f150 and why wouldn't you? Amazing trucks for years. But be honest. See that bullitt jumping some horrible roads after a challenger and tell me I'm wrong. Well internet I'm sure you will but the mustang is damn iconic.

OP
OP

J.Darcy

For real though it is the 50th anniversary. All bets are off and ford knows mustang is the bees knees when it comes to when people think about ford. If this release isn't amazing I would be floored. Seriously. We are not looking for a halo car, but weight reduction plus a slight increase in horsepower plus a cbirs, yeah it is gonna turn heads. Period. 50th anniversary. Period.
Please Mulally give us one huge momentous launch for a kick-ass 2015 Mustang before you leave us for Microsoft in 2015 :(

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
Please Mulally give us one huge momentous launch for a kick-ass 2015 Mustang before you leave us for Microsoft in 2015 :(
There are articles posted where he says he's staying at Ford until the of 2014.

OP
OP

GTsquid

If it's ready, why are they pushing the release to next summer? That will be one heck of a long model year.
Who said it was "pushed" to next summer? Maybe it was the plan all along, who knows. The only thing that will surprise me is if we get a 2014.5 and all it is a badge/stripes thing. We all know the 2015 won't need help in sales but I doubt Ford wants to start it off surrounded by all the negativity of many months being surpassed by both Chevy and Dodge in sales.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
If Roush already has the S550, that means it will be racing in January...

The S550 in Amy's Spy video was "pulling out of the Roush area"

Thank you Amy for that HUGE, HUGE detail!!!

Edit: It also means this bad boy is almost done!!!!
Sponsored